Facts and Events
- ↑ William Case, in Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), 1:346.
"William (Case), Simsbury, br. of Bartholomew, m. 1688, Eliz. d. of Joshua Holcomb, had Eliz. b. Sept. 1689; William, 22 Mar 1691; James, 12 Mar. 1693; Rachel, 10 Dec. 1694; Mary, 23 Aug. 1696; Joshua, 1 June 1698; Mindwell, 21 Mar. 1700; and he d. ten days after. His wid. m. 10 Mar. 1704, John Slater; next m. Thomas Marshall; and d. 26 Feb. 1762."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 McCracken, George E. The Case Family of Connecticut and Long Island. American Genealogist (D.L. Jacobus). (Apr 1958), 34:68.
"William (Case), b. Windsor 5 June 1665, but the birth entry in the Colony record erroneously calls him James; d. at Simsbury 31 Mar. 1700; …"
- Windsor Vital Records [NEHGS], in Connecticut, United States. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, 51.
"Case, … James (Note by Lucius Barnes Barbour:'William'), s. John, b. June 5, 1665 [Col. 1:55]"
"Case, … William, s. [John], b. June 5, 1665 [MG]"
"Case, … William, s. John, b. June 5, 1665 [1:7]"
- ↑ Simsbury Vital Records [NEHGS], in Connecticut, United States. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, 38.
"Case, William, d. Mar. last day, 1699/1700 [LR1-A:1]"
- Case, William, Simsbury, in Manwaring, Charles W. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records. (Hartford, Conn.: R. S. Peck & Co., 1904-06), 2:38-39.
"Probate Records. Vol. VII, 1700 to 1710. Page 24-5.
Case, William, Simsbury. Died 31 March, 1700. Invt. £276-09-08. Taken 29 May, 1700, by Samuel Humphrey, John Case, Jr., John Slater, Sen., and Thomas Holcomb. The children: William, born 22 March, 1690-1; James, 12 March, 1692-3; Joshua; 1st June, 1698; Elizabeth, September, 1689; Rachel, 10 December, 1694; Mary, 23 August, 1696; and Mindwell, 21 March, 1700.
Court Record, Page 11─8 April, 1701: Elizabeth, the relict, exhibited an invt., and this Court grant Adms. to the widow, with John Case, a brother of the decd.
Page 94 (Vol. VIII) 3 November, 1712: This Court appoints John Slater of Simsbury to be guardian to James Case, Richard Case, Mary Case and Joshua Case, children of William Case decd., they all being minors above 14 years of age.
Page 120-3 March, 1712-13: This Court allows John Slater, Jr., of Simsbury, to be guardian to Mindwell Case, a minor 13 years of age, daughter of William Case, late of Simsbury, decd. John Slater now appeared with a report, as well as the sd. Mindwell, as also James, Rachell, Mary and Joshua Case, all minors above 14 years of age. John Slater now exhibits an account of his Adms. in right of his wife Elizabeth, formerly Elizabeth Case, widow, relict of the sd. William Case, late decd. Order to dist. the estate:
Inventory, £280-06s-05d; The moveable part, 89-16-05; Paid in debts and charges, 34-14-05; There remains of moveable estate to be dist., 55-02-00; To which add the real part, 247-02-00 Which acct. this Court allow and order dist. as followeth:
To the widow, 18-17-04; To William Case, eldest son, 57-03-08; To James, Joshua, Elizabeth, Rachel, Mary and Mindwell, 28-11-10 to each,
And appoint Joseph Case, Jonas Westover and Nathaniel Holcomb, Jr., of Simsbury, distributors. And grant to John Slater and Elizabeth, his wife, Adms., a Quietus Est."