William H. Bonsall
Facts and Events
||William H. Bonsall
Civil War Service
- 2nd Lieutenant, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 1 September 1862
- Promoted from Reg. Com. Sergeant 10 August 1863
- Appointed Act. Regt. Quartermaster 1 December 1864
- Returned to Company 1 April 1865
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Application 356142; Certificate 228500
- Widow's Pension: Application 844963, Certificate 612051
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
Help fund new features!