Facts and Events
Wendell Butt/Bott was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 155.--16th March, 1773. Benj. Logan, of Fincastle County, to Windle Butts. Delivered: Anthony Ayler, August, 1776.
- Page 204.--18th March, 1773. Benj. Logan, of Fincastle County, to Windle Butt, part of 268 acres patented to Benjamin, 16th February, 1772. Delivered: Anthony Ayler, August, 1776.
Records of Wendell Butt/Bott
- At a Court continued and held for Rockingham County on Tuesday the 23 November 1784: Presnt: Col Wm. Nalle, Col. Ben. Harrison, Jeremiah Beesley, Andrew Shanklin, Josiah Davis. Josiah Davis, Gent., returned the inquest held by him on the corpse of Mary Butt, deceased, wife of Windle Butt. The same is ordered recorded. [Source: Rockingham County, Virginia. Minute Book 1778-1792: Part 1, 1778-1786, edited by Constance A. and Louise C. Levinson, p. 262. 22 November 1784 (p. 392)].
- Land Grant Survey: Page 70 - Henry Harmon, 390 acres, Draft of Shenandoah River. Adjoining Peter Rolers, Hans Cloverfield, John Tanner, Windle Buts, Hobbys. May 16, 1786. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 121]
- Marriage Bond, 1789--March 9, Jacob Peck and Elizabeth Daskem, daughter of Windel Butt (consent); surety, Henry Dill; witnesses, John Clark, Saml. Jimeson. [Source: Chalkley's, Vol. 3].
Information on Wendell Butt/Bott
From Ancestry Message Board:
Barbara Butt-Christian Huffman
wrshindle1 (View posts) Posted: 26 May 1999 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Edited: 13 Mar 2004 10:51PM GMT
Christian Huffman was the son of Valentine Huffman and Anna Maria Franck. I am a descendant of Christian'S brother, George Huffman who married Barbara Butt in 1790, Rockingham Co., VA. This Barbara was the daughter of Wendel and Maria Magdalena Bott/Butt. Wendel and his brother Henry immigrated to Rockingham and Augusta Co., VA in 1772 and 1779 respectively from Taneytown, MD. They immigrated with their father Johann Embrich Bott and uncle Hermanus Bott on the ship Loyal Judith in 1742. I have information going back two more generations of the Bott family in Sonneberg-bei-Wiesbaden. Contact me email email@example.com
Help fund new features!