Lt. Thomas Wright
Facts and Events
Thomas Wright was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Thomas Wright
- Page 136.--19th September, 1755. Thomas Wright's will--Executors, brothers Peter and James Wright. To Thomas Wright, son to Peter. To James Wright, son to Peter. To sisters Reatchel and Deborah Wright. Teste: James Dunlap, John Dickinson, Edward Mullin. Proved, 20th November, 1755, by Dickinson and Dunlap.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY 28, 1751. - (580) Road ordered to be cleared and kept in repair on the cowpasture by these inhabitants: Wallace Estill, Robert Carlile, John Carlile, Loftus Pullen, Richd. Bodkin, Saml. Ferguson, Mathew Harper, Thomas Wright, Michael Harper, Hance Harper, John Miller, William Price, James Anglen, James Hall, Philip Phegan, John Shaw, Herculus Wilson, William, and John Carlile.
- 29 May 1751 O. S., p. 580 - On the Petition of Sundry the Inhabitants of the Cow Pasture, Ordered that Wallace Estill with Robert Carlile, John Carlile, Loftus Pullen Richd. Bodkin, Samuel Farguson, Mathew Harper, Thomas Wright, Michael Harper, Hance Harper, John Miller, William Price, James Anglen, Jas. Hall, Philip Phegan, John Shaw Herculus Wilson, William Carlile & John Carlile lay of and Clear a Road from his Mill to the Road on the head of the Calf Pasture, and that he Set up Post of Directions & keep the sd Road in repair According to Law. [Augusta County Road Orders, 1745-1769].
- Vol. 1 - 1751-1752. - Inhabitants of Bull Pasture and head of Cowpasture petition for a road from Walles Asten's Mill to the road on the head of the Calfpasture: Robert Carrolile, Richard Bodkin, Thomas Wright, John Miller, James Hall, Horcklas Willson, John Carrolile, Samuel Forgerson, Michael Harper, Wm. Price, Philip Phegan, William Carrolile, Loftus Pullen, Mathew Harper, Hance Harper, James Anglen, John Shaw, John Carrolile. Wallas Aston to be overseer.
- Page 28.--21st March, 1754. Thomas Wright's bond as administrator of Isaac Scooly, with sureties Jas. Carlilc. Wm. Smith.
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS. 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: Thos. Wright. (Note: listed among many others).