Thomas Wilmoth, Sr.
Facts and Events
Thomas Wilmoth, Sr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Early Land Survey:
- Page 191 - Thomas Willmot, 61 acres, South Branch Potomac. December 2, 1771. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 69].
Estate Record of Thomas Wilmoth
- Rockingham County Records - 1778--September 28th, Joseph Smith qualified Ensign. Fredk. Keister qualified Lieutenant. New commission of County Court (as last). Thomas Wilmot's will recorded.
Records of Thomas Wilmoth, Sr. in Augusta County, VA
- Page 358.--8th February, 1759. Vendue of John Wingord's (Vinegard) estate--To Henry Colar, Christopher Kishlinger, Christopher Wingord, Ludwick Francisco, Augustine Price, Tetrach Couch, Conrad Bloze, Frederick Ermantrout, Jacob Nicholas, Margt. Wilmouth, Brice Russell, Alvenus Byar, Jacob Parsinger, Charles Man, Nicholas Millberry, Jno. Craig, Danl. Price, Jno. Fuge, Jacob Man, Henry Perkey, Nicholas Null, Jas. Laird, Charles Ty (Fy?), Paslin Hover, Valentine Cough, Valentine Cook, Valentine Pence, Robt. Scott, Jacob Man, Stephen Conrad, Christian Tetrach, Valentine Butcher, Peter Herman, Wm. Beard, John Couch. (Note: Margaret Wilmoth was the wife of Thomas Wilmoth, Sr.).
- Page 66.--18th August, 1761. George Moser's sale bill recorded--To Nicholas Hufman, Philip Harper. Cash by Smith and Love for Peter Roling. Paid Ephraim Love, Arthur Johnson, Thos. Wilmouth, to nursing deceased 5 weeks when he was under the doctor, and taking care of his creatures.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents - 1766--Mr. Patton's list: Boslin Slone, not in County, one; Mich'l Bush, no estate, one; Conrod Good, runaway, one; David Grady, not found, one; Wm. English, one; Adam Stroud, no estate, two; Austin Scolcrafts, no estate, one; Mathias Scolcrafts, no estate, one; John Scolcrafts, no estate, one; Peter Vanniman, Constable, one; Andrew Little, one; John Bennet, twice charged, one; Geo. Cuts, not found, one; Wm. Gibson, not found, one; Jas. Hambleton, runaway, one; Barnets Mathews, not found, one; Jas. Stephenson, twice charged, one; Thos. Willmouth, one. Allowed 98 delinquents; Silas Hart.
- Page 377.--3d and 4th August, 1773. George Caplinger's (of South Branch) estate sold at vendue--To Leonard Probst, Jacob Caplinger, Danl. Probst, Henry Caplinger, Catherine Caplinger, Elizabeth Caplinger, John Caplinger, Geo. Caplinger, Adam Caplinger, Michael Alkeir, Ulrick Conrad, Christian Pickle, Stovel Low, Valentine Post, John Skidmore; to Doctor Neal, Chas. Bowers, Peter Caphart, Aron Skyhaw, Zachoriah Rexrode. Geo. Caplinger (2 crout tubs), Joseph Skidmore, Elizabeth Harbold, Jacob Rude, Jobb Velton, George Ganker, Thomas Willmott, Aron Vansye, Martin Coyle, Danl. Richardson, Danl. Hornbeck.
- Duncan, Sandra. Descendants of Thomas Wilmoth, Secondary quality.
Help fund new features!