m. ABT 1730
- Thomas ThompsonABT 1732 -
Facts and Events
Thomas Thompson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Possible Estate Records of Thomas Thompson
- Page 133.--18th August, 1773. Settlement recorded of Thomas Thompson's estate, Edward Thompson, administrator--To paid John Montgomery, William Dougherty, Michael Riney, 15 gallons liquor for the vendue; Mary Moore.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
Page 127.--21st October, 1754. Robert Mean's will - To John McClung. Money in hands of Edward Thomson and Thomas Thomson. To the said Thomas McClung (s/b Thomas Thomson??), the note of James Nilly, which is in hands of Thos. Black; wife a keeping, to said John. Teste: James Gay, Jenot Warrick. Proved, 21st November, 1755, by the witnesses; administration granted Thomas Thompson, nephew and heir-at-law of Robert Means, who qualified with sureties Hugh Hicklin and George Wilson.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 21, 1755. - (507) Robert Means's will proved. Admr. moved for by Thos. Thompson, his nephew and heir-at-law, and also by John McClung, who married Jennet, niece of decd.--given to Thomas.
- Page 241.--17th May, 1758. Thomas Thompson's bond (with Patrick Martin, Edward Thompson) as guardian (chosen) to James Crockett, orphan of Robt. Crockett.
- Page 270.--23d June, 1763. Robt. Bratton's settlement of estate of James Dunlap, approved and recorded--Paid Hugh Wardlaw, Ro. Lusk, Lettice Breckinridge, Joseph Wahob (Wauchut), Jas. Simpson, Thos. Gillespy, Jos. Mays, Henry Cartmill, James Means, David Dryden, Jas. Burnsides, Thos. Vance, Archd. Clendenning, Lawrence Huntsman, Thos. Thompson, John Low. Received from Capt. Christian, being arrears due Capt. Dunlap. Received from Capt. Hog, due for pay. Received from George Jameson. Received from Capt. Hog, account of James Ramsey.