m. bef. 1748
- Robert Wassonabt 1748 - 1824
- H. Robert Wassonabt 1748 - 1824
- W. Catherine (add)
m. bef. 1771
Facts and Events
Robert Wasson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Robert Wasson's land (Borden Tract NE, 150 acres acquired from Hugh McFadden in 1770, part of James McNutt's original patent, acquired in 1753) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 329.--19th June, 1770. Same (From Hugh ( ) McFadden and Elisabeth ( ), of Botetourt) to Robert Wason, £60, 150 acres in Borden's 92,100; corner Robert Cooper, John Handley's line. Delivered: Grantee, 29th September, 1801.
Disposition of Land in Augusta County:
- Isaac Liptrap purchased land in the Borden Tract in Augusta County from Robert Wasson on March 10, 1806, paying 200 pounds for 150 acres described as follows:
- Beginning at three black oak saplings corner to Robert Cooper, thence S. 87°W. 64 poles to a black oak and white oak, N. 3°W. 208 poles crossing a spring run with John Handley's line to 2 hickories saplings, N. 87E. 100 poles to two hickories and a chestnut sapling corner to the said Robert Cooper, thence with said Cooper's lines S. 5°W. 135 poles crossing said spring run to a post, S. 16°E. 28 poles to two chestnut oaks and S.13°W. 105 poles to the beginning. [Source: Isaac Liptrap genealogy, website of Jim Liptrap (http://jliptrap.us/gen/isaac.htm)].
Records of Robert Wasson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 325.--19th June, 1770. Hugh ( ) McFadden and Elisabeth ( ), of Botetourt, to Robert Cooper, £70, 150 acres on Bordens 92,100; corner Lusk's land; corner Robert Wason. Teste: Elijah McClenachan, William and Alexander Moore.