Facts and Events
Robert Scott was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Page 209.-- 14th April, 1814. Robert Scott's will--To wife, Mary, and schooling children; sister Sally to be supported according to will of father; to son, Robert, infant; to daughters, Polly, Ann, Jennette, Rebecca, Martha; to sons, William Joseph and Robert; to daughter, Elizabeth Larew; daughter, Eleanor Caldwell; daughter, Sally Sowell. Executrix, wife Mary. Teste: Wm. Davis, Wm. E. Davis, Sally Davis, Martha Ann Davis, Annis Davis. Proved, 25th November, 1816. Executrix qualifies.
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 2 - List of Tithables for the Town of Staunton to be collected at $4 each to be applied to the Repair of Streets, 1779-1780/l - 1784 in Capt. Long's Company, taken 9th April 1784: Samuel Armstrong and father Robert, Mathew Alexander and father Andrew, John Brooks, Sr., and son Jonathan, James Bell and sons John and Joseph, John Black and brothers Anthony and William, Robert Christian and father Robert, Joseph Kerr, father, and brother William, Abraham Lerew and son Reuben, Thomas Rutledge and sons Thomas and Edward, Robert Scott and father William, Thomas Stuart and sons Robert and John, Joseph Thompson and son William.
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER 19, 1784 - (313) Admn. of estate of Sarah Scott granted Robt. Scott. (This should be Sarah Hutcheson instead of Sarah Scott.--See page 131, O. B. XIX, Sarah was the sister of Robert's father William Scott)
- Vol. 2 - 19th October, 1784--Robt. Scott, administrator of Sarah Hutcheson. [Same as record above]
- Vol. 1 - MAY 21, 1785. - (131) Administration of estate of "Sarah Scott" granted Robert Scott in October last should be "Sarah Hutcheson"-- - Vid O. B. XVIII., page 313. [Note: correction of October 19, 1784 record above]
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1785--October 29, Robert Scott and Mary Blackwood, daughter of Eleanor Haddan; surety, Mark Haddan.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record: 1785, --By Rev. Archibald Scott: November 1st, Robert Scott and Mary Blackwood.
- Vol. 2 - 18th January, 1791--Walter Davis and Ro. Scott, ditto [guardians of] of William, Joseph and Rebecca Blackwood, orphans of Wm. Blackwood.
- Page 146.--4th February, 1791. William Scott's will--Aged about 70 years; to son, Robert, to minten Saley as long as she lives; to doughter, Saley, the wan halif of my house hold furniture; to sons, William, James, John, to daughter, Fany; to son, Robert, whole of estate of sister Sarah Hutchingson. Executor, Walter Davis. Teste: William Davis, David Caldwell, Jno. Davis. Proved, 20th January, 1795, by William and John Davis. (Note: William Scott was this Robert Scott's father]
- Vol. 2 - page 405 - March 1795 - Samuel Blackwood, William Blackwood, Joseph Blackwood, by Walter Davies, guardian, Ann Blackwood, Eleanor Blackwood, Rebecca Blackwood, Robert Scott and Mary, his wife, formerly Mary Blackwood, vs. Mark Hadden (Hatton).--Spa. Chancery. 7th April, 1793. Orators, etc., are heirs and devisees of William Blackwood, deceased. Their mother, relict of William, married Mark Hadden. Their mother is dead. The marriage took place about 1781, and the mother lived about eleven years. One year after the mother's death, settlement shows: 1781-2, to maintaining and clothing William Blackwood, six years; to maintaining and clothing Eleanor Blackwood four years, to maintaining and clothing Rebecca seven years, to maintaining and clothing Joseph Blackwood seven years. 1782, cash paid James Doak for teaching two of the children; 1783, cash paid Newton Conley for teaching two of the children; 1786, cash paid William Chambers for teaching two of the children; 1789, cash paid John Hagerty for teaching hree of the children; 1787, cash paid William Ranson for teaching -- of the children; 1791, to maintaining, boarding and keeping Ann Blackwood nine years, to maintaining, boarding and keeping Samuel Blackwood three years, to maintaining, boarding and keeping Mary Blackwood three years. Bill for settlement of William Blackwood's estate.
- Vol. 2 - CIRCUIT COURT RECORDS. SEPTEMBER, 1799 (M to G). - John McKim, Jr., vs. Robert and William Scott--Debt. Writ to Rockbridge County, 25th May, 1798.
- Page 208.--17th January, 1809. Sarah Scott's will--To sisters, Frances; brother, Robert, and his wife, Mary, and all Mary's daughters. Executor, brother Robert. Teste: Jacob F. Hatton, Edward Sowell, Philip Gregory, Watts D. Ervin, Walter Davis. Proved, 25th November, 1816.