Facts and Events
||Gen. Robert Ewing
||Coleraine, Londonderry, Ireland
||Bedford County, Virginiato Mary Baker
||Point Pleasant, Mason, West Virginia, United StatesPrivate - Battle of Point Pleasant, DAR Ancestor #: A038110
||Bedford (county), Virginia, United StatesJustice of the Bedford Co. Court
||Peaks Of Otter, Bedford County, Virginia
Robert Ewing was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Robert Ewing received a patent for "160 acres on Glade Creek, of Roanoke" on 15 December 1749, per the disposition, listed below:
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 183.--24th January, 1755. Robert Ewing and Mary, of Lunenburg County, to Benj. Starrat, £38, 10, 160 acres on Glade Creek, of Roanoke, patented to Robert, 15th December, 1749. Teste: James Callhoun, Hugh and Pat. Callhoun, Jos. Long, Wm. Sayers.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 21, 1754 - (386) Comn. to Bedford Co. to examine Mary Ewing for relinquishment of dower in tract conveyed by her husband, Robert Ewing, to Benj. Sterrett.
- Robert Ewing came to the colonies with his brother Charles Ewing, who married Mary's sister Martha Baker. Robert and Mary Ewing and Charles and Martha Ewing later moved to the Peaks of Otter in Bedford County, VA. In Bedford, Robert was an Elder in the Presbyterian Church, the County Clerk, and Justice of the County Court from 1754. At the time of his death, he supposedly owned more than 7,200 acres, including a 514 acre tract on the south end of Ewing's Mountain in present-day Wythe County, Virginia, and "vast tracts" in present-day Kentucky, which was then Augusta Co, Virginia.
- ↑ EWING, ROBERT SR Ancestor #: A038110 , in DAR Genealogical Research System, Ancestor Search, Feb 11 2014, Secondary quality.
- ↑ The Battle of Point Pleasant (1774), in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Point Pleasant, West Virginia, Feb 11 2014.
- ↑ EWING, ROBERT SR Ancestor #: A038110 , in DAR Genealogical Research System, Ancestor Search, Feb 11 2014.