Facts and Events
Robert Craig, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Robert Craig
- Page 74.--21st August, 1806. Robert Craig's will, of South River--To wife, Susannah; sons, Robert and William; son, John Johnston Craig (land in Albemarle in Woods Gap); daughters, Rebecca, Agnes, Susannah, Jenny, Elizabeth Craig. Executors, friends Andrew Ramsey, Wm. Patrick, Wm. Craig. Teste: Andrew Ramsey, Wm. Finley, Ann Harvey, Sarah Finley. Proved, 23d September, 1806. Craig refuses; others qualify.
Records of Robert Craig, Jr. in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 508.--11th October, 1785. Adam Murry's will--To William Patrick; to Rebeccah Patrick; to Mary Patrick; to John Patrick, executor. Teste: Robt. Craig, Jr., Archibald Rhea, Hugh McAleary. Proved, 17th January, 1786, by Rhea and McAleary. Executor qualified.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1793 (A to L). - Ann and Rebecca Craig, daughters of Robert Craig, vs. John and Robert Craig.--Robert, the father, died June, 1788. Writ, 30th October, 1790. Family quarrel.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1793--June 3, Henry Platt and Robert Craig, surety. Henry Platt and Rebecca Craig.
- Page 126.--17th May, 1794. Robert Stephen's will--To son, John; son, James; daughter, Isabella; son, Robert; daughter, Mary (infant); daughter, Nancy (infant); Stephen; to son, William (infant); to wife, Agness, Youngest children are William, Mary, and Nancy. Executors, James Crawford, Robert Craig. Teste: James Patterson, George Craig, John Clemons. Proved, October Court, 1794, by George Craig, John Clemans. Robert Craig qualified.
- Page 300.--25th January, 1798. James Crawford's will--To wife, Mary, land joining John Poage, Samuel Bell, George Poff, Wm. Craig for life, then to youngest son, John Crawford; to 3 sons, George, James, William; to 3 sons, George, James, William, John, lands in Kentucky; to daughters, Sarah and Elizabeth Crawford. Executors, brother William and brother-in-law Wm. Robertson. Teste: Robert Craig, George Crawford, Robert Crawford. Proved, 21st February, 1798, by George and Robt. Crawford. Executors qualified.
Help fund new features!