m. bef. 1717
- Reuben Padget1717 - 1801
Facts and Events
Reuben Padget was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- G-324: Reuben Paget of Augusta County, 400 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. John Baylis, Adj. Alexander Mathews, on Flint Run, John Calfee. 18 Sept. 1749. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 38].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 247.--24th May, 1751. Reuben Paget and Elizabeth to Jacob Harril, 100 acres, on a branch of Flint Run; patented by Fairfax, 19th Septembre, 1749; corner John Calfee. Teste: John Sellers, Wm. Hurst, James McKay.
Records in Virginia
- Vol. 1 - 1751-52 - Petition recites that last fall the Court sent James McKay and Richard Harrill to view a road. They accordingly viewed a road to strike out of McKay's road at Reuben Paget's and so to keep down the River on the east side to the County line. Prays an order to appoint Philip Crum, William Hurst or William Harrill to be surveyor, and order all tithables on Flint Run and its branches and Gowny's run and its branches from Walter Cunningham's down to the County line: Jacob Harrill, Peter Emlie, Anthony Horton, Reuben Paget, Richard Harrill, Sr., William Owens, John Kelly, Howard Gibson, James McCoy, Philip Crame, Joseph Hokens, William Hurst, Thomas Lann, Richard Harrill, William Harrill, Thomas Monmon, William Colbee, Thomas Harrill, John Harrill, John Jones, Joseph Ballinger, James Land, Moses Harrill. [Chalkley's, Vol. 1].
- G-550: William Calfee of Augusta County, 450 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. George Hume. Adj. Philip Crume, on East Branch of Flint Run, Rubin Paget, John Calfee. 13 June 1751. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 51].
- O-121: Adam Cunningham of Frederick County, 133 acres on Flint Run of South River in said County. Surv. Peter Stephens. Adj. Alexander Matthews, Reuben Paget, Norman, Cunningham. 1 Feb. 1768. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 194].
- O-225: George Reeve Jr. of Prince William County, 425 acres on Flint Run in Frederick County, surv'd for Thomas Lann and Plot returned by George Hume. Lann did not comply with Advertisement from Office of 26 Mar. 1765 (See Book N). Adj. Philip Crume, Bingham, John Calfie, Reuben Paget. 21 June 1769. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 200].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).
Help fund new features!