Phillip Moore, Sr., of South Branch, Potomac River
Facts and Events
Philip Moore was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- G-253: Philip Moore of Augusta County, 238 acres. Surv. Mr. James Genn. Tract No. 15 in Plat on South Fork of South Branch of Potomack River. 7 Aug. 1749. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 35].
- M-83: Philip Moore of Hampshire County. Lott No. 20 (373 acres) on South Fork of South Branch of Potomack in said County. Surv. James Genn. Adj. Lot No. 19, Mannour line, 6 December 1762. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 147].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 15, 1752. - (361) James Simpson and Michael Stump, overseers, with Jeremiah Osburn, Geo. Osburn, Mones Alkier, Heorndkis Corlock, John, Jacob and Wm. Westfall, Michael Stumph, Henry Harris, Henry Shipler, and Philip Moore--view and mark and keep in repair, on petition of inhabitants of the South Branch, a road from their wagon road up the So. Fork to Peter Reed's Mill.
- Page 224.--15th March, 1758. Michael Thorn and Anthony Reeger's bond (with Philip Mason, Isaac Johnson, Philip Moore) as administrators of Christian Tosher.
- Page 307.--3d December, 1757. Vendue held at Michael Stump's, on South Fork in Hampshire County, by Anthonv Reager, Peter Thorn, administrators of Christian Dousher--To Peter Heath, Thos. Crawford, Tobias Thorn, Michael Oxer, Lazarus Thorn, Philip Moore, Jr., Jno. Welton, Henry Couchman, Simon Hornback, Philpole Yeokham, Abraham Wise, Jno. Cock, Adam Rutherback, Harmus Hook, Conrad Moore, Thomas Singleton, Martin Job, James Hornback, Adam Harpole, Jonathan Coburn, Leonard Knave, Thos. Parsons, Sr., Nicholas Smith, Gaisper Reed, Michael Earsest, Sr., James Taff, Henry Miars, Ruda Bozard, Wm. Jennings, Jno. Varrill, James Parsons. Solom Hedges, Windle Miller, Peter Hive, Henry Shipler, Peter Andrew, Stophel Hoofman, Thos. Crawford, Benj. Scott, Andrew Byarly, Mary Smith, Henry Mook, Philip Hupp, John Mason. (Note: Philip and Conrad were sons of Philip, Sr.)
Help fund new features!