Facts and Events
Patrick McCorkle was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 104.--15th November, 1766. Alex. ( ) McKorkle and Mary ( ) to Patrick McKorkle, £25, 150 acres on North Branch of James, part of 300 acres whereon Alex. now lives; corner Abraham Brown's land. Teste: James McCluer, James Trimble, James Crow. (Note: Alexander McCorkle appears to be a brother of Patrick, more research may be necessary).
Disposition of Land in Virginia:
- Page. 163. - Aug. 12, 1783. Patrick McCorkle & Elizabeth his wife to Jacob Carper. 25 pounds consideration. 46 A. on Craig's C., part of tract whereon said Patrick now lives. Witnesses: Malcom Allen, Hugh Caldwell and Moses Allen. [Source: Botetourt County, Virginia Deed Book 3].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 23, 1753. - (75) John Mathews to be overseer of road from North Fork of James River, near John Mathew's, to Renix's Road, with these workers: Henry Brown, John Smiley, James Trimble, John Berriford, James Edmondson, Wm. Edmondson, Michael Finney, Wm. Holdman, Stephen Arnold, Hugh Means, John Harger, Wm. Scot, Edward Bishop, Alexr. McCorkall, Pat. McCorkall, Henry Fuller, Joseph Pain, Edwd. Baley, James Baley, John Peter Salling, Jas. Simpson, James Wolson, Alexr. Beggs, John Mathews, Joshua Mathews, John Maxwell, Jas. Frazier, John Hutcheson, Senr., John Hutcheson, Jr., George Sailing, Richd. Beton, Wm. Boil, John Sprowl, John Smith, Saml. McClure, John Smiley, John McCuley, Richd. Mathews, Sampson Mathews, Daniel Sancion, Saml. Paxton, Wm. Paxton, John Oleston, Samuel Oleston, Saml. Walker.
- Page 205.--7th November, 1759. Samuel Steel and Sarah to Robert Steel, £20, 330 acres in Beveriey Manor, part of 590 acres granted Samuel by Beverley; corner Robt. Alexander and Patrick Hays. Teste: Wm. Peerviance, Patrick McCorkle. Delivered: Samuel Steel, June, 1766.
- Page 450.--27th July, 1762. Benjamin Bennett to John McNutt, £43, 175 acres in Fork of James, joining Samuel McDowel. Teste: Patrick ( ) McCollam, Patrick McCorkle. Delivered: James Trimble, 12th November, 1772.
- Page 120.--17th November, 1770. James Lackey and Elizabeth to Moses Bennet, £33, 110 acres, part of 200 acres on northeast side of North Branch of James River; McClure's line, corner Moses Bennets old survey. Teste: Pat. McCorkle. Delivered: Robert Lusk, 26th July, 1774.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 27, 1771. - (196) Pat. McCorkle vs. Wm. Christian.--Defendant's death abates suit.
- Williamson, James and Nancy McCorkle, Patrick McCorkle, surety, Sept. 30, 1788. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 49].
- ↑ International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).