- H. Norman Philip Knott1917 - 1978
m. 14 May 1939
Facts and Events
||Norman Philip Knott
||17 Mar 1917
||Burke, North Dakota, United StatesPowers Lake
||Sedro-Woolley, Skagit, Washington, United States
||Skagit, Washington, United States
||Sedro-Woolley, Skagit, Washington, United Statesgraduated from high school
||Skagit, Washington, United States
||Pullman, Whitman, Washington, United StatesBS, Zoology, Washington State College
||Washington, United StatesChief, Land Management, Washington State Game Department
||14 May 1939
||Washington, United Statesto
||Pullman, Whitman, Washington, United States
||22 Aug 1947
||Seattle, King, Washington, United Statesapplied for Social Security Number
||20 Feb 1961
||Olympia, Thurston, Washington, United StatesApplication for license; license issued 23 Feb 1961
to Lenice Adele Cooper
||25 Feb 1961
||Moses Lake, Grant, Washington, United Statesto Lenice Adele Cooper
||23 Jan 1962
||Olympia, Thurston, Washington, United Statesnamed in father's obituary
||7 Oct 1969
||United StatesPassport issued; residence Saipan, Mariana Islands
||29 Jan 1978
||Olympia, Thurston, Washington, United States
||1 Feb 1978
||Olympia, Thurston, Washington, United StatesMills and Mills Memorial Park, formerly Olympic Memorial Gardens
Norman was many things to many people, but one tribute to his memory was in his own words, written before such thinking had entered popular awareness.
"The goal of any sound land use program must be the conservation man through the perpetuation of a primarily beneficial environment."
Henry, Gordon and Norman Knott
- ↑ Sedro Woolley City (Ward 2), Skagit, Washington; FHL ##1821935, in United States. Bureau of the Census. 14th census, 1920. Washington, 1920 federal census : soundex and population schedules. (Washington [District of Columbia]: The National Archives, 193-?), HH 92, Family 94, Primary quality.
Ferry Street [between 745 Ferry and 731 Ferry]
Knott, George H., head, owns home free of mortgage, white male, married, able to read and write, born Illinois, father born Holland (native tongue Dutch), mother born Germany (native tongue German), speaks English, laborer, condenser (industry/business), wage worker, Farm Schedule 234
, Neva E., wife, white female, age 33, married, able to read and write, born Iowa, both parents born Michigan, speaks English, no occupation
, Henry G., son, white male, age 9, single, attended school, born North Dakota, father born Illinois, mother born Iowa
, Gordon, son, white male, age 7, single, attended school, born North Dakota, father born Illinois, mother born Iowa
, Norman, son, white male, age 2 9/12, single, born North Dakota, father born Illinois, mother born Iowa
- ↑ East Clear Lake, Skagit, Washington, in United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626), HH 25, Fam 25, Primary quality.
Knott, George H., head, owned home, lived on farm, white male, age 44, 1st married age 23, able to read and write, born IL, father born Holland, mother born Germany, able to speak English, laborer in logging camp, worked yesterday, not a veteran, farm schedule #20
, Neva E., wife, white female, age 43, 1st married age 21, able to read and write, born IA, father born Wales, mother born WI, able to speak English
, Henry G., son, white male, age 19, single, able to read and write, born ND
, Gordon J., son, white male, age 17, single, able to read and write, born ND
, Norman P., son, white male, age 13, single, able to read and write, born ND
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Death Certificate (Washington State Department of Health and Social Services), State File Num 2350, Primary quality.
Norman P. Knott died 8:40 a.m., 29 Jauary 1978, age 60 years, in Olympia, Thurston County.
Born 11 March 1917, North Dakota, USA. Married to Lenice A. Knott.
Occupation Environmental Consultant, self employed.
Resident: 2828 Nisqually View Loop, Olympia, Thurston County.
Parents: George Henry Knott and Neva Jones.
Information provided by Lenice A. Knott.
Burial, Olympic Memorial Gardens, 5727 Little Rock Road, Olympia, Washington, 1 February 1978.
Funeral Home: Selene Mortuary, 202 East Ninth, Olympia, WA 98501
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Secondary quality.
Knott, Norman, b. 11 Mar 1917, d. Jan 1978, age 60
place of residence not specified
SS issued: Washington
- ↑ Polk’s Skagit County (Washington) Directory, Volume XII 1937, R. L. Polk & Co., Seattle, WA.
– Knott, Geo H., Sedro Woolley RD3
- Knott, Gordon, Sedro Woolley RD3
- Knott, Norman, Sedro Woolley RD3
- ↑ Knott, George H. Knott, in Knott Family Obituaries, Secondary quality.
George Henry Knott is survived by his son Norman Knott of Olympia.
- ↑ 1934 Kumtux, Union High School Number Four, Sedro-Woolley, Washington, in Skagit County, Washington - GenWeb Project, p. 8, Secondary quality.
Senior Class: Norman Knott, Clear Lake - Band 1; Cub 3; Senior Play 4.
- ↑ The 1939 Chinook, in United States. U.S. School Yearbooks; Ancestry.com, p. 92, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Application for Social Security Account Number, in United States. Social Security Records, United States Social Security Administration. (Baltimore, Maryland), Primary quality.
Norman Philip Knott, age 30
11447 - 71st Pl. So. Seattle WN
B. 11 Mar 1917, Powers Lake, Burke, N. Dakota
Employed by: The State Dept. of Game (WN.)
515 Smith Tower, Seattle 4, Wn.
Dated: 22 August 1947
Signed: Norman Philip Knott
- ↑ Passport.
Norman Philip Knott
Birth March 11, 1917, North Dakota, USA
Height 6 feet 4 inches, Hair Gray Bown, Eyes Blue Gray
Issue Date Oct. 7, 1969, Expiration Date Oct. 6, 1974
Bearer's Foreign Address:
P.O. Box 68 Capitol Hill, Saipan, Mariana Islands 96950
In case of Death or Accident Notify E. E. Cooper, 1903 South Steele, Olypia, Washington 98501
- ↑ Norman Phillip Knott, in Find-a-grave.
Note from grave photographer: Cemetery office confirmed this burial is unmarked and is located in the Garden of the Good Shepard, Lot 43 space 3. The picture of the space with an American Flag symbolizing where the grave is located.
Also, site indicates the cemetery name has changed from Olympic Memorial Gardens to Mills and Mills.
- ↑ Norman Knott, Washington State Game Department.
- ↑ Pullman, Whitman, Washington, in United States. 1940 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T627), HH16, Primary quality.
1801 Lake Street
Knott, Norman P., 23, married, 4 yrs College, b. ND, in rural Skagit County, WA 5 yrs ago, employed, biologist, State Game Dept., worked 26 weeks in 1939, $600 wage income, no other sources of income