- Henry MaceABT 1720 - ABT 1781
- Nicholas Mace1730 - 1806
Facts and Events
Nicholas Mace was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 382.--19th August, 1760. Jonathan Douglas and Jemima ( ) to Nicholos Mase, £15, 160 acres on Broad Run near Linvell's Creek, part of 400 surveyed for Thos. Beal and conveyed to Jonathan, 1755; cor. to that part of tract surveyed to Henry Mace; cor. John Fare. Teste: Michael Hogshead, Margaret Woods. Delivered: Geo. Skelerom, 25th April, 1761.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 452.--16th November, 1774. Nicholas Mace ( ) and Ann ( ) to Michael and George Kintner, part of patent to Thomas Beal. Teste: John Dunbar, John ( ) Bailey, John Thomas.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 130.--5th December, 1754. Appraisement of Richard Tictom, in the Gap of the North Mountain upon Sorondo, sold by Daniel Love, 5th December, 1754 To James Bagge, Jacob Richards, Nicholas Mase, Uriah Humble, Ephraim Love (part of a tramble), Daniel Love, Wm. Pickins, John Davis, Howel Jones, Jacob Bear. Robert Denton, John O'Neal, John Miller, Edward Megary, Mathew Waters, James Bryant, Jacob Sword, Robert Williams, William Carrill, Thomas Wast, Zephli Joseph, Mathew Waters. Joseph Zrepbli, Andrew Seduskay, Charles Witman, Abraham Bird, Nicholas Custert. Arnold Custard, Jacob Richards, James Claypole.
- Page 137.--3d February, 1760. George Speece and Christina to Michael Hober, £35, on east side Linvell's Creek, 150 acres, part of 500 surveyed for Paul Froman and afterward conveyed to said George Speece; cor. John Miller's land. Teste: Henry Maese and Nicolas ( ) Mase. Delivered: Francis Morisey. April, 1763.
- Page 45.--18th November, 1761. Jonathan Douglass and Jemima ( ) to Patrick Quin, £20, 350 acres on head of Broad Run, a branch of North River of Shanandoe, part of two tracts, one of 400 acres patented to Jonathan, 11th July, 1761, the other of 400 acres also patented to Jonathan, adjoining above; cor. Nicholas Mace.
- Page 37.--16th November, 1762. Henry Maese and Ann ( ) to Michael and George Kinder, £10, 34 acres on a branch of Broad Run near Linvell's Creek, part of 400 acres surveyed for Thomas Beal and conveyed to Jonathan Douglas, 3d July, 1750, and conveyed to Henry, 19th August, 1760. Cor. Nicliolas Mase's part of said land; cor. Robert Poage's land. Teste: Benj. Kinley, Wm. Wilson. Delivered: Michael Kinder, February. 1767.
- Vol. 2 - NOVEMBER 22, 1762. - (418) Nicholas Mase--defendant.
- Page 336.--23d June, 1763. Jonathan Douglas to Daniel Harrison, £40, 306 acres, part of two tracts of 400 acres each, whereof Nicholas and Henry Mace and Patrick Quin possess the other part, the one tract granted to Jonathan by Thomas Beal, of Frederick County, Maryland, 1755; the other patented to Jonathan, 11th July, 1761, on head of Broad Run, a branch of North River of Shanandoe, whereon said Douglas now lives Mortgage.
- Page 244.--21st March, 1770. Daniel Harrison and Sarah to Felix Gilbert. On 23d June, 1763, Jonathan Douglass mortgaged to Daniel 306 acres on head of Broad Run, a branch of North River of Shanandore being parts of two tracts of 400 acres each, one patented to Jonathan 11th July, 1761. the other purchased by Jonathan from one Thomas Beal of Maryland, the remainder now in possession of Nicholas and Henry Mace and Patrick Quin, being the land whereon Jonathan then lived. Jonathan failed to pay the debt. wherefore Daniel brought bill in Augusta County Court; decree rendered 25th March. 1769. Now, £55. Teste: James McDowell, Wm. Patton. Delivered: Felix Gilbert, March, 1773.
- Page 184 - Joseph Brown, 20 acres. Adjoining Thomas Douglas, Nicholas Mace. December 24, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 66].
- Page 20.--21st August, 1772. Patrick ( ) Gwenn (Gween, Gwinn) and Jean (Jeanet) ( ) to Phelix Gilbert, on head of Broad Run, a branch of North River of Shanandore, part of two tracts patented to Jonathan Douglass; corner Nicholas Mace. Teste: Daniel Smith. Delivered.
- Vol. 2 - NOVEMBER 16, 1774. - (25) Henry and Nicholas Maze--naturalized.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.