Facts and Events
Nathaniel Lamme was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 3, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- Lamme, Nathan, entered service 1776 in 10th Virginia Regiment; Pensioned 1831 in Greene county, Ohio; Bounty Land Warrant issued there 5/26/1832 at age 76, P.O. address Bellbrook; earlier granted 4,000 acres by virginia; query letter in file states soldier died in 1835 at age 89 near Bellbrook, Ohio. F-46454, R1516. (Note: Bounty Land Warrant places Nathan's birthdate as abt. 1755/6, but the query letter in his file places it as abt. 1746, likely the former).
Information on Nathaniel Lamme
From Genforum.com post:
Nathan Lamme (1745-1835), son of William, captain, Revolutionary War, 1st Sheriff of Greene County, Ohio. Nathan Lamme came from Virginia, some time in the year 1797, and entered lands in sections 33, 27, (3. 6), northeast of Bellbrook. He built a cabin on the hill, just north of Washington Mills. He served as volunteer in the Lord Dunmore war, and participated as captain in the battle of Point Pleasant, at the mouth of the Great Kanawha, under General Lewis. He also served as captain in the revolutionary war. He died in 1835, and was buried in the " old grave-yard," north of Bellbrook. It is related of him that he was intimately acquainted with the famous General Simon Kenton, whom he had often entertained for weeks in the log cabin above mentioned, as the "old pioneer" passed to and from Kentucky, to his lands in. Champaign County. Nathan married Nancy Ralston.
They had 7 children:
- -Josiah Lamme, born? died in 1840. He fought in the War of 1812. Josiah married Nancy Carmen. Josiah and Nancy had a daughter, Mary Lamme, who married John Ligget(?). John and Mary had a son named Edward Ligget(?) who married Farisice Slock. John and Mary had a daughter named Sylvia Ligget(?)married S.H. Gunn
- -Samuel Lamme, born? died in 1863. Fought in the War of 1812. Married Elizabeth Martin.
- -William Lamme. Fought in the War of 1812. Married Ruth Boyle.
- -James Lamme. Married Hester Black.
- -David Lamme.
- -Anna Lamme.
- -Martha Lamme.