- H. Mathew Pattersonabt 1736 -
- W. Jean Ewing1759 - 1830
m. est. 1775
Facts and Events
||to Jean Ewing
Matthew Patterson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Old Augusta Patterson Index
- Mathew Patterson Records in Chalkley's Chronicles
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Matthew Patterson received part of his father, Nathaniel Patterson's land, after his death in 1752, as listed in the record below"
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 316.--17th March, 1780. Mathew Pattison and Jane to Robert Pattison, brother of Mathew, conveyed to Nathan Pattison, father of Mathew and Robert, by Beverley, 24th July, 1740 (recorded in Orange), part of the tract was devised to Mathew and John, elder brother of Mathew, who died without rites stan ( ?) and his part descended to Mathews.
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 418.--9th April, 1752. Nathan Patterson's will, freeholder--Wife, Isabell; sons, John, Mathew, Robert (John is oldest), Mathew 2d; daughter, Isabell; daughter, Sarah; daughter, Martha. Executors, wife, John Wilson, Robert Campbell. Teste: Robert Campbell, Mathew Wifson, Wm. Wilson. Proved, 21st May, 1752, by Robt. Campbell and Wm. Wilson, and to lie for further proof, and executors qualify, with surety Alexander Richey.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 17, 1768. - (517) Witness: James Stuart, Mathew Patterson.
- Page 457.--9th February, 1773. John McCleery's will--To wife, Margaret; to son, James; executors, son James and John Thompson; to each daughter, 1 shilling; to son, John; to son, Samuel. Teste: Robert Clark, Mathew and Robert Patterson.
- Vol. 2 - Delinquents, Augusta County Levy for 1779: Mathew Patterson, gone. (Note: assuming this record was for this Matthew Patterson, it appears that he had left the Augusta County area by 1779).
- Vol. 2 - SEPTEMBER, 1791 (H to Z). - Patterson vs. Wilson--Original lease and release, Beverley to John Wilson, 1739. Recorded Orange County, 28th June, 1739. Same to Nathaniel Patterson, 1740. Recorded in Orange, 24th June, 1740. Same, Mathew Pattison and Jane, of Augusta, to Robert Pattison, brother of Mathew. (Note: this record provides circumstantial evidence of Matthew Patterson, who married Jean Ewing as a son of Nathaniel Patterson).
Help fund new features!