Facts and Events
||22 Jun 1660
||Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, United States
||Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, United Statesto William Alderman
||30 Mar 1698/99
||Simsbury, Hartford, Connecticut, United Statesto Sergeant James Hillier
||17 Aug 1725
||22 Aug 1725
||Simsbury, Hartford, Connecticut, United States
||2 Sep 1725
||9 Nov 1725
||£23-11-07. Taken by Richard Case and James Hilyer.
The Estate of Widow Mary Hilyer of Simsbury
"PROBATE RECORDS VOL. X, 1723 To 1729 Page 248-9.
Invt. in Vol. XII, Page 139.
Hilyer, Mary, Widow, Symsbury. Died
12 [error for 22] August, 1725. Invt. £23-11-07. Taken 9 November, 1725, by Richard Case and James Hilyer. Will dated 17 August, 1725.
I, Mary Hilyer, widow, of Symsbury, do make this my last will and testament: I give to my three sons, William Alderman, John Alderman and Joseph Alderman, my lands, to wit: Two pieces or parcells lying and being in Simsbury aforesd. The first is a piece of pine plain lying on the west side of the river, containing 12 acres, known by the name of Case's Hollow, which was given to me by my father John Case decd. The other is 5 acres of marsh land lying under the West Mountain which fell to me by dist. of my father's estate. To be equally divided amongst them. And all my moveable estate excepting my wearing apparell. All of them I give to my daughter Elizabeth. And I appoint my well-beloved son John Alderman my executor.
Mary Hilyer, LS.
Witness: Samuel Pettebone, Jonathan Humphrey, Samuel Humphrey."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 McCracken, George E. The Case Family of Connecticut and Long Island. American Genealogist (D.L. Jacobus). (Apr 1958), 34:68.
Mary (Case), b. Windsor 22 June 1660; d. Simsbury, 22 Aug. 1725; m. (1) in
1675 [error for 1679], William Alderman, who d. at Farmington in the summer of 1697 (six children); m. (2) at Simsbury, 30 Mar. 1698/9, Sergt. James Hillyer, who d. at Simsbury 28 July 1720 (one child).
- ↑ Verne R. Spear. The descendants of William Alderman who settled first at Windsor, Connecticut and later Simsbury, Connecticut, 1671-2001, Family Group Record #1.
- ↑ Goodwin, Nathaniel. Genealogical notes, or, Contributions to the family history of some of the first settlers of Connecticut and Massachusetts. (Hartford, Connecticut, United States: F.A. Brown, 1856).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 122, 1968, pg. 39.
Gives the date of her will and also adds that the date of her death is 22 Aug 1725 [death date of 12 Aug 1725 comes from Manwaring who has it wrong] or 2 Sep 1725 which is also recorded.
- ↑ Ricker, Jacquelyn Ladd. The Ricker Compilation of Vital Records of Early Connecticut. (Baltimore, Maryland: Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2006), p 2620.
"Mary, dau of John, b. 22 Jun 1660 - Windsor VR"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Mary Hilyer, Widow, Symsbury, in Manwaring, Charles W. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records, 2:525-26.