d.4 May 1891
Facts and Events
Photo of Madison Canter's tombstone on FindAGrave.com. Erroneously listed as Madison Carter.
Civil War Service
- Application 752065; Certificate 504961
- Widow's Pension: Application 514891, Certificate 386822
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States. Army. Quartermaster General's Office. Card records of headstones provided for deceased Union Civil war veterans, ca. 1879-ca. 1903. (Washington, District of Columbia).