Facts and Events
||Leonard Thompson Coker
||9 Jul 1824
||Walton, Georgia, United States
||20 Aug 1842
||Murray, Georgia, United StatesMansel Coker to Leonard S. Coker 33 acres of land for $150
||22 Oct 1847
||Murray, Georgia, United StatesSeaborn G. Huckaby sold L. T. Coker 20 acres of land for $75
||15 Mar 1849
||Murray, Georgia, United Statessolemnized by William W. Green G. M.
to Charlotta Wilson
||01 Oct 1849
||Murray, Georgia, United StatesLeonard T. Coker to Bodwell E. Wells 33 acres in District 13 of third section, in the southwest corner of lot 148
||10 Jun 1850
||Murray, Georgia, United StatesEdmond Pass to L. T. Coker 160 acres in 13th district of the 3rd section, lot #61 for $50
||11 Sep 1850
||Murray, Georgia, United StatesLenard T., age 26, farming, $300, Ga in household of Robert Coker
||26 Jun 1860
||Comanche, Texas, United StatesL. T. Coker, age 30, male, Stock raiser, value of real estate [blank], 400, born in Ga., in household of Charles Isham
||18 Jul 1863
||Comanche, Texas, United StatesLand Patent: L. T. Coker, 80 acres
||04 July 1867
||Comanche, Texas, United StatesL. T. Coker to Mary A. Durham
to Mary Ann Green
||24 Oct 1870
||Comanche, Texas, United StatesLeonard Coker, age 47, farming, value of real estate $500, value of personal estate [blank], born in Georiga, dwelling #119, family #136
||Comanche, Texas, United States
|Cause of Death
||Comanche, Texas, United StatesBright's Disease
||7 Jan 1880
||Comanche, Texas, United States
||Oakwood Cemetery, Comanche, Comanche, Texas, United States
- ↑ Seaborn G. Huckabay to L. T. Coker, in Murray, Georgia, United States. Deed Records, Deed Book 30, p. 30-31, 22 Oct 1847.
Deed-1847- Huckaby to Coker-Murray County, Georgia, United States
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Robert Coker, dwelling 429, family [blank], in Murray, Georgia, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M432, roll 78, p. 177 (back), 11 Sep 1850, Secondary quality.
Leonard T. Coker, male, age 26, Farming, $300, GA / www.ancestry.com. See Robert and Elizabeth Coker Household, 1850 / www.ancestry.com
- ↑ Seaborn G. Huckabay to L. T. Coker, in Murray, Georgia, United States. Deed Records, Deed Book F, p. 232, 20 Aug 1842.
Deed-1842-Mansel Coker to Leonard Coker-Murray County, Georgia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 L. T. Coker, Charles Isham head of household, in Comanche, Texas, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M653, roll1289, p.256 (stamped) (front), 26 June 1860.
L. T. and Lotty Coker household in household of Charles Isham in Cora (Post Office), Comanche County, Texas
- ↑ L. T. Coker, in Texas, United States. Land Grant Database, Abstract number 190, 18 July 1863.
- ↑ Leonard T. Coker to Bodwell E. Wells, in Murray, Georgia, United States. Deed Records, Deed Book H, page 223, 224, 01 Oct 1849.
The land that Mansel Coker sold to Leonard Coker on 20 Aug 1843 is described exactly the same as the land that Leonard Coker sold to Wells on 01 October 1849 except that Mansel's land is in the southeast corner of lot 148 and the land that Leanard sold to Wells is in the southwest corner of lot 148. It is not known if this is simply a clerical error or a different tract of land.
Leonard T. Coker signed his name with the mark of "x".
Deed-1849-Leonard T Coker to Wells-page223-GA-Murray Deed-1849-Leonard T Coker to Wells-page 224-GA-Murray
- ↑ Edmond Pass to L. T. Coker, in Murray, Georgia, United States. Deed Records, Deed Book I, page 31, 10 Jun 1850.
$50 for 160 acres seems a small amount to pay for this amount of land. Possibly there is a family relationship between Leonard Coker and Pass.
Deed-1850-Pass to L T Coker-GA-Murray
- ↑ Leonard Coker, dwelling #119, family #136, in Comanche, Texas, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, NARA M593, roll 1580, page 186 (front), 24 Oct 1870.
Leonard Coker household in 1870 census in Comanche County, Texas.
- ↑ Lenard, in Ancestry.com. 1880 U.S. Census Mortality Schedule, sheet 1, 01 June 1879 - 31 May 1880.
SD 4, ED 28, line 3, Lenard [surname not visible on digital image], married, born in South Carolina, father born in South Carolina, mother born in South Carolina, born about 1824, age 56, date of death: Jan 1880, cause of death: Bright's Disease, lived in Comanche, Texas for 24 years
A descendant of Leonard Coker says that he died from rabies.
Death of Lenard in the 1880 Comanche County, Texas mortality schedule
- ↑ Mrs. M. A. Coker, in Texas, United States. Confederate Pension Applications, #22327, 13 Aug 1913.
Question 5 on pension application. "What was your husband's full name? Leonard Thompson Coker."
Mollie A. Coker, "Widow's Application for a Pension", cover page Mollie A. Coker's application, page 1 (a) Mollie A. Coker's application, page 1 (b) Mollie A. Coker's application, page 3 (a) Mollie A. Coker's application, page 3 (b) Mollie A. Coker's application, page 4 (a)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Leonard Thompson Coker, in Find A Grave, Memorial # 41846785, 11 Sep 2009.
Birth: Jul. 9, 1824, Walton County, Georiga; Death: Jan. 6, 1880, Comanche, Comanche County, Texas; Burial Oakwood Cemetery, Comanche County, Texas, USA
No image of tombstone, doubtful that all of the birth and death information on this page is on the tombstone.
- ↑ Obituary - "DIED - COKER-At his residence, four miles east of Comanche, on the night of the 6th Jan., 1880, L. T. Coker. In the death of Mr. Coker, our county has lost one of its best and most worthy citizens, society a good member, and his family a kind and affectionate husband and father. He has resided in this county almost from its first settlement, and by his industry and straightforward deportment, had not only accumulated a fine property, but had-better than all-secured the confidence and esteem of all who knew him. We tender our sympathy and condolence to his distressed family in their great bereavement."