Facts and Events
Joseph Trotter was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Joseph Trotter in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 28.--23d May, 1765. Same (From Robert Beverley) to John Brown, £4.5.6, 100 acres in Beverley Manor. Delivered: Joseph Trotter, 2d December, 1785.
- TITHABLES. - Tithables, 1781; William McPheeters's List: Joseph Trotter (listed among many others).
- Page 329.-(undated, abt. 1786) -Teste: Joseph Trotter, Alex. Crawford, Charles McDonald, Robert Stuart, Wm. McPheeters, Geo. Berry, Jno. Wilson.
- Page 13.--15th August, 1786. John Archer's executors to Richard Mathews. 75 acres patented to Sampson Archer and sold to his brother, John Archer, deceased, but no title ever made. Teste: James Cunningham, James McKibbin, Joseph Trotter, Daniel Friel, David Greiner, Hugh McDowell, Alex. Nelson, Jr., Stephen Smith.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 15, 1787. - (267) Joseph Trotter granted license for retailing goods.
- Vol. 2 - DISTRICT COURT JUDGMENTS. - SEPTEMBER, 1794 (K to Z). - Joseph Trotter vs. John Brown--Contract of sale of land by Trotter to Brown, 1787. Capias, 21st February, 1792.
Help fund new features!