Capt. Joseph Rayburn, Jr.
Facts and Events
Joseph Rayburn, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Montgomery County, VA
- Marriage Record: Pepper, Joseph and Jenny Raeburn, dau. [of] Joseph Raeburn, sur - Nov. 4, 1800. [A Brief of Wills and Marriages of Montgomery and Fincastle Counties, Virginia, 1733-1831 by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 31].
- Joseph Reyburn served as an Ensign in the company of Capt. Joseph Woods in what was called the Virginia State Line of which company he was made Capt. on the resignation of Capt. Woods in August 1781. (deposition executed in Washington County, Missouri on 26 December 1831).
- [Source: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/c/d/Sue-S-McDermott/PDFGENE1.pdf
- Joseph RAYBURN , Jr. (Captain)
- 1758 - 15 MAR 1838
- TITLE: Captain
- BIRTH: 1758, Augusta County, Virginia
- DEATH: 15 MAR 1838, Caledonia, Washington County, Missouri
- Father: Joseph RAYBURN
- Mother: Margaret WOODS
- Family 1 : Francis WALLACE
- MARRIAGE: 1780, Botetourt County, Virginia
- +Mary RAYBURN
- +James RAYBURN