Facts and Events
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for John Wade, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for John Wade
John Wade was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Wade in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1785--June 8, Abram Gum and Priscella Wade, daughter of John Wade; surety, Wm. Slaven; witnesses, Wm. Slaven and Jno. Gum.
- Vol. 1 - JULY 20, 1790. (288) John Wade, Sr. (Back Creek), exempted from levy.
- Page 52.--13th January, 1806. Edward Beard's will--To son, William; son, Charles; son, Samuel; son, John; to daughter, Elizabeth Craige (of Kentucky); daughter, Mary Henderson (of Kentucky); grandson, James Beard, son to son William; son, Charles (of Rockingham). Executor, son William. Teste: James Rankin, Thos. Givens, John Wade, Alex. Gardner. Proved, 23d June, 1806. Executor qualified.
Information on John Wade
From "West Virginia and its People", Volume 3, by Thomas Condit Miller, Hu Maxwell, pg. 986:
(I) John Wade, the first member of this family of whom we have definite information, was born probably in Maryland, April 30, 1724, and died December 30. 1815. From Redstone, Maryland, he moved to Augusta, now Highland county, Virginia. He married, in 1746, Sophia Howard, who was born May 23, 1727, and died November 25, 1816. Children: John Howard, born April 7, 1750, died December 4, 1821; Leonard, born 1762; Otho, of whom further; six daughters.
John Wade migrated to Virginia, in that part of Augusta County, now Highland, near the town of Valley Center, in 1780, which means that he might have migrated in the company of William Chestnut returning from his tour of military duty. Correction, John Wade lived near the town of Green Hill, John Chesnut lived near the town of Valley Center, both on Back Creek, now Highland County. [Source: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/l/a/y/Toni-Layton/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-1012.html]
- ID: I07063
- Name: John Wade 1
- Sex: M
- Birth: ABT 1723 1
- Death: 31 DEC 1815 1
- Marriage 1 Sophia Howard b: 1727 in Maryland
- Elizabeth Wade b: 1747
- Otho Wade b: 1766
- Title: History of Highland County, Virginia
- Author: Oren F. Morton, B. L.
- Publication: Originally Pulished 1911 - Reprinted with new Index Regional Publishing Co. 1969
- Note: Bath County Historical Society, Inc
- Media: Book
- Page: p 34
- Ancestral File (R).