Facts and Events
Source:Mayflower Descendant, p. 3:22, will dated 23 Apr 1696 mentions "Mary Tomson my Beloved Wife", "my son John", "my son Jacob", "my sons Thomas and Peter", "my four Sons", "my Daughter Mary Tabor", "my Daughter Esther Read", "my Daughter Elizabeth Swift", "My Grandson Thomas Swift", "my Daughter Sarah Tomson", "my Daughter Lidia Soul", "my Daughter Mercy Tomson". Subsequent agreement dated 16 Jun 1696 regarding estate of "our Honoured ffather John Tomson Sen'r of Middleborough deceased" mentions "Thomas Tomson and Peter Tomson", "ye six daughters", and was signed by Elizabeth Swift, Sarah Tomson, James Soul [husband of Lydia], Marcy Tomson, John Tomson, Jacob Tomson, Thomas Tomson, Peter Tomson, Thomas Tabor [husband of Mary], and William Read [husband of Esther].
- ↑ Wright, Anna Allen, and Albert Hazen Wright. Descendants of Joseph and Philip, sons of Philip Taber from Rhode Island, Connecticut and Long Island: with notes on their sister Lydia Tabor Tillinghast. (Ithaca, New York: [A.H. Wright], 1952, 1957).
- Underhill, Lora Altine Woodbury. Descendants of Edward Small of New England: and the Allied Families with Tracings of English (Revised Edition). (Cambridge, Mass.: The Riverside Press, 1934).
- Thompson, Charles Hutchinson. A genealogy of descendants of John Thomson of Plymouth, Mass: also sketches of families of Allen, Cooke and Hutchinson. (Lansing, Michigan: Darius D. Thorp, 1890).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Middleborough, Mass., Vital Records, in Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Descendant: An Illustrated Quarterly Magazine of Pilgrim Genealogy, History and Biography, 2:43.
Lieut: John Thomson deceased June the 16th 1696: in the eightyeth year of his age. [Birth calculates to about 1616.]
- ↑ Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Descendant: An Illustrated Quarterly Magazine of Pilgrim Genealogy, History and Biography, 3:22.
The spelling "Tomson" is taken from an autograph on a document. [Reproduction opposite 14:49]
- ↑ John Tomson, in Find A Grave.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Francis Cooke, in General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Descendants of the Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth, Mass. December 1620. (New England - United States: General Society of Mayflower Descendants., Various), 12:61-71, 1999.
Mary married in Plymouth 26 December 1645 John Tompson, born, probably in England, in the period 17 June 1616-16 June 1617, died in Middleborough 16 June 1696 in the 80th year. [John Tomson's Will and Inventory pp. 63-71]
Help fund new features!