m. Bet. 1762 - 05 Feb 1766
Facts and Events
John Taylor was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Taylor in Augusta County, VA
- Page 341.--19th June, 1764. Richard Brush's appraisement (by Moses, John and Malcom McCown) recorded.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1767. - (322) John Taylor versus Malcolm McCown (son to John). James Gilmore witness. (Note: based upon this and another record listed below, Malcolm's mother had re-married to John Taylor prior to this date.).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 28, 1771. - (208) Malcom McCown vs William Christian, Jr.--Defendant's death abates suit.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (D). - John Taylor vs. Malcum McCown.--Defendant is widow's son. (Note: John Taylor in 1767 was the step-father of Malcolm McCown, which explains that record above refering to Malcolm as a "son of John Taylor".)
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (D). - Malcolm McCown (widow's son) Dr., to John Taylor. 1766, February 5, to account.