Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Private, Company D, 1st Lieutenant, Company F, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in as a private, Company D, 9 August 1862
- Transferred to Company F, 9 September 1862
- Appointed Sergeant 18 October 1862
- Appointed 1st Sergeant 1 January 1863
- Promoted to 1st Lieutenant 10 August 1863
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Application 153081; Certificate 114211
- Widow's Pension: Application 1707238, Certificate A10-28-32
- Note on index card states "See S.C. 297178 George Brandan F 27 Ohio Inf; See S.C. 665116 W.C. 844444 David T. Johnson H 2 W Va Inf H 5 W Va Cav"
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Biographical history of central Kansas. (New York, New York: Lewis Pub. Co., 1902), 1:426.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Civil War Veterans Buried in Minford Community Cemeteries.
Help fund new features!