d.23 October 1841
Facts and Events
John Michael was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Michael in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 20, 1796. - (66) John Michael recommended Ensign in 1st Battalion, 32d Regiment.
- Page 315.--29th May, 1798. Frederick Michael's will--To wife, Elizabeth, to live with son Christian; to six sons, viz: John Michael, Christian, George, Jacob, Frederick, William, 100 acres each; saw mill on John's tract; to daughters. Executors, son John and son-in-law Henry Simman (?). Teste: C. Percy, John Percy. Proved, 18th September, 1798, by the Percys and Jacob Hoffer.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1800--September 22, George Moirs and John Michael, surety. George Moirs and Margaret Michael, daughter of Fredk. Michael, deceased. (Note: Margaret was John Michael's sister).
- Vol. 2 - 22d September, 1800--John Michael, guardian of Margaret, orphan of Frederick Michael. (Note: appears to be same Margaret, probably his youngers sister).
- Page 190.--29th September, 1808, William King's will--To wife, Mary; daughter, Sarah; son, Adam; son, Robert; to daughter, Margaret Smith; daughter, Elizabeth Mynes. Executors, Wm. Fowler, Samuel Ervin. Teste: John Vigors, Thos. King. Proved, 25th February, 1811, by Vigors, and December Court, 1812, recorded by order of Superior Court of Law. Administration granted John Michael (executors had refused at a former court), and at June Court, 1818, presented and having been ordered recorded by the Superior Court of Law is now recorded. (Note: same John Michael?)
- Chalkley's Augusta County, Virginia Records
Help fund new features!