Capt. John McMurtry
m. abt. 1738
- Capt. John McMurtryabt 1739 - 1790
- Samuel McMurtryAbt 1743 - 1796
- H. Capt. John McMurtryabt 1739 - 1790
- W. Mary Huttonabt 1752 -
m. abt. 1770
Facts and Events
John McMurtry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 229.--13th August, 1759. Borden's executors to Samuel and John McMurtrey. Benjamin, Jr., agreed to sell to grantees 292 acres for £3, part of 92,100; corner to place surveyed for Wm. Hall. but now Bordin's, Young's line; corner James Young and the Brisley Hill place. Teste: James McDowell.
- McMurtry, John. "of Ciantuekey county." Written: 7-7-1780, Proved: 2-18-1782. Leg.: father "land at a spring cald William McMurtry's;" son James, property at Holston; sons Samuel, William (under age); wife Mary; Wit.: John Hutton, James Hutton, William McMurtry. [Lincoln County, Kentucky Will Book 1, Page 35].