Facts and Events
John McGlammery was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 425.--19th October, 1784. Recorded. Charles Floyd, inventory and appraisement by John Nickel, John McGlamery, Jno. McKitrick. (Note: this record provides circumstantial evidence to support John McGlammery as marrying Isabella McKittrick. John McKitrick listed would have likely been his brother-in-law).
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER 15, 1793. - (345) William Ham chose John McGlammery guardian.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1801--January 28, Charles Hogshead and John McGlammery, surety. Charles Hogshead and Jane McGlammery, daughter of said John, and of age. (Note: John McGlammery's suspected wife, Isabella McKittrick had two brothers (Robert and John McKittrick) that both married daughters of David Hogshead, the brother of Charles Hogshead's grandfather, James Hogshead.
- Vol. 2 - File No. 926.--Fowler vs. Poage's executors... Isabella McGlammery deposes, 6th September, 1808, she is daughter of Robert McKitrick.
- Vol. 2 - MARCH AND APRIL, 1808 (A to D). - Moses vs. Floyd's Administrator.--Deposition, August 19, 1805, in both of Van Swearingen. Thomas Green was schoolmaster in Calfpasture, 1782, his deposition sworn to in Flewanna, 1805. Isabella McGlammery tertifies of Greene's bad character. Letter to Van Swearingen, Jr., January, 1805. John McKenny. son to William McKenny mentioned. Charles Floyd was blind. Charles had only a wife, Janet their only child having died.