Facts and Events
John Hutchinson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 418.--15th August, 1753. George Hutcheson, farmer, and Ellinor to John Hutcheson, Christian's Creek. Teste: Samuel Henderson, James Allen. 277 acres. Delivered same to Henderson, 29th November, 1754. Part of tract surveyed for George Hutcheson. '
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 20.--20th March, 1755. John Hutcheson, farmer, and Mary, to Saml. Henderson, £6; 277 acres on Christian's Creek, part of a tract surveyed for George Hutcheson.
- Page 283.--19th March, 1760. John Hutcheson, farmer, to Francis Alexander, £5, 265 acres on Long Meadow, part of tract granted to George Hutcheson, 21st February, 1738; corner Samuel Henderson. Teste: James Alexander, James Alexander, Lazarus Inman. Delivered: Francis Alexander, February, 1773.
- Page 230.--16th October, 1765. John Hutcheson and Isabella ( ) to Samuel McCune, £20, 277 acres on Christian's Creek, part of a tract surveyed for George Hutcheson. Teste: John Hunter, George Rodgers, William Wallas.
- Page 535.--17th November, 1767. John Hutchison and Isable ( ), wheelwright, to William Hutchison, farmer, £5, 242 acres on Christian's Creek in Beverley Manor, granted to George Hutchison by Wm. Beverley, 21st February, 1738. George died intestate and the land descended to John, his oldest son, to make a title to William, 242 acres on Christian's Creek; corner Samuel Pilson's land. Teste: John Henderson, Samuel Pilson, Zechariah Johnston, John Thomson. Delivered: Wm. Hutchison, 24th December, 1771.
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1764-- June 25, Joseph Looney, John Hutcheson. [Note: unfortunately, the bride's name was not listed in this record]