- H. John Harmonbef 1719 - bef 1747
m. bef. 1739
- Caleb Harmon1739 - bef 1763
Facts and Events
John Harmon was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of John Harmon
- Page 65.--22d August, 1754. Walter Davis' bond as guardian (appointed) to Caleb Harman, orphan of John Harman. with surety James Lockhart.
- Page 271.--19th August, 1758. John Bowyer's bond (with Israel Christian) as guardian (?) to Caleb Harman, orphan of John Harman.
Records of John Harmon in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 18, 1746/7. - (168) Road ordered from Top of the Ridge to John Terrald's and James Beard's, with these tithables, John Bomgardner, Jacob Harmon, Robert and Saml. Scot, John Stevenson, Robert Hook, Wm. Burk, Mathew Thompson, Charles Duel, Nicholas Noel, John Lawrence, Jacob Pence, Henry Dickens, Valentine Pence, George Scot, John Viare, Jacob Harmon, Sr., Mathew Sharp, John Harmon, Ro. Frazier, James Beard, Mathew Thompson, John Robton, Stiffell Francisco, Wm. Lamb, Samuel Lockard, Ro. Smith.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1747. - (321) Ludwick Freedly complains that John Sisigmund Hanley has clandestinely carried out of the Colony his dau. Magdalene Freedley, about nine years old. The girl had been bound to John Harmon, son-in-law of Hanley, and Harmon had lately died intestate in this Colony and no person has administered. Hanley required to enter into bond for producing the child in May next.
Help fund new features!