Facts and Events
Not to be confused with John Hall (1731-1802), who married Elizabeth Day.
John Hall was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 9.--2d December, 1767. William ( ) Hall to John Hall, £10, 415 acres on Cedar Creek in Forks of James; corner William Hall, Jr., William Poage's line; corner David Cloyd; corner William Hall. Teste: Richard Woods, James Campbell, William McKee.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 393.--15th March, 1768. John Hall and Mary to James McGavock and John Maxwell, £50, 45 acres of Cedar Creek in Forks of James; corner William Hall, Jr., William Poage's line; corner David Cloyd. Delivered: Hugh Brawford, May, 1778.
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 79.--23d August, 1766. William ( ) Hall, Sr., to William Hall, his son, £20, 175 acres, part of two tracts of land, one containing 390 acres. and the other containing 500 acres, both patented to William, 16th September, 1761, on Cedar Creek in forks of James River; corner John Hall, David Cloyd's line. Delivered: John Buchanan, 13th March, 1772.
- ↑ Baptism Recorded, in Craig, John. List of baptisms by Rev. John Craig, Augusta County, Virginia, 1740-1749. (Staunton, Va.: L. B. Hatke, 1979), 6, Secondary quality.
15. (At Gilbert Campbell's North Branch of James River.)
William Hall, a child Baptized named John.
William Hall, a child Baptized named William.
- Property Records, in Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish settlement in Virginia: Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County, 1745-1800. (Rosslyn, Virginia: The Commonwealth Printing Company, 1912-1913 in Three Volumes), Vols needed:9, 79, 393, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Will Abstract of William Hall, Secondary quality.
HALL, WILLIAM. Botetourt County, Virginia. 27 Dec 1772. 8 Feb 1773.
Children: Andrew Hall, Agnes Berry, John Hall, Isable Buchanan, William Hall, Nathaniel Hall, James Hall,
Exe: son [in law] George Berry
Wit: Joseph Walker, John Thompson, Andrew Mackinley