- H. John HallABT 1741 -
- W. Sarah Woods1737-1748 - BEF 1790
m. WFT Est 1760-1775
Facts and Events
John Hall was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Not to be confused with John Hall (1731-1802), who married Elizabeth Day.
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 9.--2d December, 1767. William ( ) Hall to John Hall, £10, 415 acres on Cedar Creek in Forks of James; corner William Hall, Jr., William Poage's line; corner David Cloyd; corner William Hall. Teste: Richard Woods, James Campbell, William McKee.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 393.--15th March, 1768. John Hall and Mary to James McGavock and John Maxwell, £50, 45 acres of Cedar Creek in Forks of James; corner William Hall, Jr., William Poage's line; corner David Cloyd. Delivered: Hugh Brawford, May, 1778.
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 79.--23d August, 1766. William ( ) Hall, Sr., to William Hall, his son, £20, 175 acres, part of two tracts of land, one containing 390 acres. and the other containing 500 acres, both patented to William, 16th September, 1761, on Cedar Creek in forks of James River; corner John Hall, David Cloyd's line. Delivered: John Buchanan, 13th March, 1772.