Facts and Events
John Griffith was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Griffith in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed)
- Page 320.--21st March, 1763 (1764?). John Griffith's bond (with Jno. Smith, David Looney) as administrator of Morris Griffith.
- Page 321.--21st March, 1764. Jno. Griffith's bond (with John Smith and David Looney) as administrator of Benjamin Griffith.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 21, 1764. - (400) John Griffeth qualifies admr. of his brother, Morris Griffeth. John Griffeth qualifies admr. of his brother, Benj. Griffeth.
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER, 1765 (D). - Daniel Harrison's answer states that: Claims that orator is still in his debt. Account follows: Downes's fees--William Carrel, David Johnson, James Scott, John Dunbar, William Longin, Mathy Thomas, John Griffeth, John Megil. Adam Bracen Righ's book (boock)--Alen Sculps, Alen Jackson. John Bumgardner's book--Jonathan Duglis, Aorgin Jones, John Crage, Thos. Dwode, Ben Inman Gouge, John Harrison, Henry Netherentine, Samuel Lonard, Renell Macdannel, Jeremiah Orsburn, Jr., Samuel Pattron, James Rutledge, Samuel Samples, Edward Shankling, Hugh Duglis, Wm. Ewing, David Crage, John Griffeth, James Gray, Reuben Harrison, Samuel Henderson, Francis MacBred, Richard Marling, John Phillips, John Pattron, Valentine Seveor, Mathew Ship, John Walker, Thomas Holing, Mung Price, Hugh Camel, John Davis, Jacob Glashe, John Holmes, Joell Hornback, Thomas Loin (Lain), Peter Mate, John Orsburn, Josiah Parrent, Edward Rutledge, James Scot, Mathous Sulcer, Richard Tictum.
- Vol. 2 - 1767--Constables: Fras Graham, Jno. Griffith, Jos. Dennis, Thos. Cartmil, Solomon Carpenter, Wm. Jemmison, Jno. Clark, Charles Campbell, Wm. McMullen, Wm. Paxton, Hugh Hicklin, James Young.
- Marriage Record: Gholson, John (son of Anthony), and Lucretia Griffith, Anthony Gholson and John Griffith, surety - March 3, 1794. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 13].
- Marriage Record: Crump, Fendall and Elizabeth Griffith, dau. (of) John Griffith - Sept. 17, 1803. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 18-19].