Facts and Events
John Burk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 2~>9.—16th February, 1769. James and Moses Green, of Culpeper County, to John Burk, £10. 143 acres near Peaked Mountain, patented, 20th August, 1740, to Robert, father of James and Moses, on Boone Run. Teste: Thomas ( ) Burk, John ( ) Miller, Robert ( ) Rains.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 263.—20th March. 1769. John Burk to Henry Armontrout, 40 shillings, 3!:J acres, part of 400 acres patented to John and Lewis Neal, 1st December. 1740. and by them conveyed to William Burk, deceased, and descended to John by William's will, on Boon's Run of Shanandore. Teste: John Couts, George Eliot. Delivered: John Pence by Mr. Armen- trout's order, 3d November, 1786.
- Page 201.—21st March. 1769. John Burk to George Conrod, £30, 108 acres on Boone's Run, a branch of Shanando. Delivered: George Conrod, August, 1776.
- Page 299.--21st March, 1769. John Burk to Jacob Runcle, £30, 100 acres part of 400 patented to Lewis and John Neal, 1st December, 1740, and by them to Wm. Burk, deceased, and by his will to John Burk, on Boone Run, of Shanandore, corner one Conrad. Delivered: grantee, 17th June, 1817.
- Page 384.--20th June, 1769. John Burk to Nicholas Alstot, £200, 163 acres, part of 400 patented to Lewis and John Neal, 1st December, 1740, and by them conveyed to William Burk, deceased, and by him devised to said John; corner Steven Conrod. Delivered: Peter Conrod. 21st April. 1784.
- Page 126.--16th March, 1773. John Burk to Nicholas Allstot, part of 400 acres patented to Lewis and John Neill, 1st December, 1740, and by them conveyed to William Burk, deceased, father of said John Burk. Delivered: Peter Conrod, 21st April, 1784.
Help fund new features!