Facts and Events
John Adair was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 130.--Patent to John Adair in 1783.
Records of John Adair in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 20, 1772. - (338) William Campbell, security for Mary Donald (admx. of husband, Michael O'Donald, since intennarried with John Adair), counter security.--Division between the orphans of Michael ordered.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1773 (B). - Jas. McClure vs. John Adair and Mary, his wife, late Mary O'Donnell.-- Trespass. Writ 24th August, 1772. For trespass by Mary on 10th February 1771.
- Page 140.--14th August, 1773. Recorded, viz: A list of the first vendue made by Mary O'Donal the first day of November, 1768; also the second vendue; sold to John O'Dair, Robert Richardson; also the third vendue made by Thos. Stewart 1st July, 1772; a list of whabis (?) to prove of Michael O'Donal's estate; Derby Leary's account; list of debts paid by Mary O'Donal; to Smith Williamson, Dorbe Lary, Rose Keening; whiskey for the funeral, £2.2.6; commissioners distribute the balance of the estate among the children, four in number. (Note: Mary O'Donnell was the widow of Michael O'Donnell?).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1791--January 10, John Adair and Elizabeth McKnight, daughter-in-law of Wm. Burgess; surety, William Burgess.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1791, June 11--By Rev. Archd. Scott: John Addair and Elizabeth McNight;
Help fund new features!