m. bef 1745
- William Westabout 1746 - 1829
- James Westabt 1756 - bef 1782
Facts and Events
James West was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - 1782--November 25th, Administration of estate of James West granted widow Catherine.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1806 (A to B). - West vs. Byrd--Certified copy will of Andrew Byrd, dated 27th February, 1788. Probated 28th January, 1799, Rockingham County. Wife, Mary; daughter, Catherine Circle; place where she now lives. Son, Andrew Bird. Granddaughters, Mary, Elizabeth, Catherine and Nancy West. Grandson, William West; place where his mother lives; infant. Son Abraham. Deposition of William West and his wife Mary, 15th August, 1805, in Greene County, Tennessee, says: The negro in question was given to James West in 1773, about one year and a half after James and Caty West were married; Andrew Bird was hurt by a fall from a horse, and there was question whether he was of right mind afterwards. Andrew Bird's daughter, Katy West. Her husband was James West. Administration was granted in Rockingham, 25th November, 1782, to Catherine West on estate of James West. Appraisement (copy filed) 10th September, 1783. Deposition of James West, of Hawkins County, Tennessee, 15th August, 1805. Children and heirs of James West, viz: Daniel Bealer and Polly (Mary), Catty and William. Bird had a negro wench, Sall, for several years before he sold her to the Baptist Society.
- ↑ http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=5013:305&ref2=5013:306