b.12 Nov 1843
d.16 Mar 1899
Facts and Events
Link to photo of James's tombstone on FindAGrave.com. Interestingly, his tombstone mentions his service in the 63rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry, but not the 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery.
Civil War Service
- Private, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 2 September 1864
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Also served in Company G, 63rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry S2, S3
- Application 147316; Certificate 125988
- Widow's Pension: Application 696374, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Find A Grave.
- ↑ Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War : Grave Registration.