Facts and Events
James McKeachy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of James McKeachy
- McKeechy, James - Will probate Sept. 1805. Names wife, Rebecca, and son Andrew. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 60].
Records of James McKeachy in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 297.--26th February, 1750. John Mason and James McKachey's (Keachey) bond as administrators of Wm. Alexander, with Erwin Patterson and Joseph Love.
- Page 355.--28th May, 1751. Tasker Tosh to Thomas Tosh, 120 acres on North Bank of Roanoke River, commonly called Goose Creek, Goose Creek of Roanoke. Teste: Robert Grey, James McKeachey, Francis Beatey.
- Page 52.--12th October, 1760. John Masons will, farmer--To son, John, 270 acres on Mason's Creek; to son. James, 150 acres on Back Creek; to son, William, 250 acres on Grassy Hill Branch; to youngest son, Joseph, 135 acres where testator lives: to mother, Leah; to daughter, Jannet; todaughter, Mary; to daughter, Margaret. Executors, William Boyd, of North Fork of Otter River in Bedford County, and brother-in-law James Keachcy. Teste: Margt. Boyd, Wm. Ritchie. Proved, 18th August, 1761, by the witnesses. James McKatchey qualifies (Boyd lives in Bedford), with Geo. Robinson, John Miller, James Bane. (Note: James Mason's wife a Mason? Need more sources to prove).
- Page 167.--17th August, 1762. Agnes Tosh's bond with Jno. Armstrong and James McKeachy, as administratrix of Tasker Tosh.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 20, 1761. - (140) James McKeachey vs. John Mason, eldest son and heir-at-law of John Mason--abates by death of defendant.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1782 (B) - Deposition of James McKeachey, 1782: Wm. Eaken lived on Little River, in Botetourt in 1752-3. 27th September, 1782, Wm. Akers, of Campbell County, bill of sale to James Mason of Botetourt.
Information on James McKeachy
- ID: I05594
- Name: James MCKEACHY
- Sex: M
- Name: James MCGEACHIE
- Event: Comment 1 20 NOV 1761 Chancery Court, Order Bk 7, p 140, James McKachy, plaintiff against John Mason, eldest son and heir at law of John Mason, defendant.
- Event: Military service 1783 Augusta Co, VA Capt Neely's Co, incl James McKeachey, 4 horses, 6 cattle.
- Event: Mentioned 1750 Apptd Administrator of William Alexander, Bk 1 pg 297
- Event: Mentioned 1782 Disposition of J McKeachey about Wm Eaken living on Little River, Botetourt 1752-53
- Event: Deed 1771 Survey 110 acres on Back Creek of Roanoke
- Event: Deed 1772 An inclusive Survey, 142 acres on Back Creek
- Source: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=cindi_meyer&id=I05594