Facts and Events
James McAllister was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of James McAllister
From "Abstracts of the Wills and Inventories of Bath County, Virginia 1791-1842", by Bruns, pg. 23-4:
- Pg. 187. Will of James McAllister (X), dated June 14, 1799.
- Wit: Moses Mann, Robert Sprowl and John Brown.
- Probated September 1801 Court.
- Exec: son Thomas and John
- Beq: to wife Mary 50 pounds cash, her bed and "sufficient clothing with the puter, her trunk and wairing apperrel and a horse and a cow".
- to daughters Hannah Barnet and Mary Waters 20 pounds each
- 5 pounds each to grandsons, William son to Thomas; James son to John; James son to James; James son to Richard; James son to Edward; James son to Garrett; and James Barnett.
- residue to seven children, Thomas, John, Richard, Edward, Garret, Hannah and Mary.
- 5 shillings to James.
- Pg. 194. Inventory - James McCallister.
- Submitted Sept. 25, 1801 by Alexander McClintic, Charles Dresler and John Rees.
- Bonds of Alexander McClintic, James Pratt, Moses Mann, Richard Hayden, John Waters, Dennis Callaghan, Ann Kincaid, Thomas McCallister, Christopher Persinger, Joseph Wamsley and Archi(?) Crawford.
- Accounts of Robert Barnet, John Reese, William Barnet, William Smith, John McCallister Jr., Richard McCallister.
- 1 cow, 1 book, 1 pair "specktacles", clothing and furnitire.