James M. Maxwell
Facts and Events
Link to photo of James Maxwell's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
- Sergeant, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 2 August 1862
- Appointed Corporal 12 August 1863
- Appointed Sergeant 1 March 1865
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Application 512810; Certificate 352582
- Widow's Pension: Application 908248, Certificate 678071
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Civil War Soldiers in Scioto Twp, Pike County, Ohio.