- H. James Henry, Jr.abt 1764 -
- W. Mary BerryABT 1767 - AFT 1812
m. 13 Dec 1787
Facts and Events
James Henry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed)
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1787--December 6, James Henry and John Berry, surety. James Henry and Mary Berry, daughter of Geo. Berry (consent). Teste: Thomas Freeman, Luis Wiseman.
- Marriage Record: Marriage Solemnized by Rev. Archibald Scott: 1787, December 13 - James Henry to Mary Berry. [Source: "First Marriage Record of Augusta County, Virginia, 1785-1813", comp. by Col. Thomas Hughart Chapter, D.A.R., Augusta County, Virginia, pub. 1962.].
- Page 252.--18th April, 1801. John Tate's will--To wife and children, whole estate to be kept together for their benefit. Executors, wife Jinney, friends Robert Tate, Samuel Finley, Isaac Tate. Teste: John Tate. 3d; James Henry, Wm. Fulton, Geo. Berry. Proved, 27th December, 1802. Jinney, Robert, and Sam. qualify.
- Page 375.--8th April, 1803. George Berry's will--To son, George, land on Middle River joining the Glabe; to son, John, James Henry, son-in-law, nine children. Executors, James Berry, James Henry. Teste: David Bratton, Wm. Thompson, Robt. Mayes. Proved, 25th June, 1804, and 27th November, 1804. Executors qualify.