Facts and Events
Hugh Lusk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 148.--17th February, 1761. William Lusk to Hugh Lusk. £__, 5 sh., 220 acres patented, 10th August, 1759, on north side Buffalo Creek. Delivered: Hugh Lusk, 15th August, 1771. (Note: it appears that the William Lusk in this record is most likely the brother of Hugh Lusk).
Records of Hugh Lusk in Augusta County, VA
- Page 354.--4th June, 1752. Isaac Gray and Mary to Jacob Gray, 270 acres, part of Benjamin Borden's large tract conveyed to Isaac by Benjamin. On Mill Creek; corner James McClung; McDean's line; Robert Houston's line; corner Wm. Lusk; Mill Creek by Acres Falls. Teste: B. Borden, Hugh Lusk, Andrew Stephenson, Samuel Gray.
- Page 55.--14th May, 1754. James Trimble, Assistant Surveyor, enters 200 acres on a branch that runs into the main river at or in Given's place formerly entered and gave up by Joseph Long. And a tract of 200 acres joining his own land upon a branch of Buffalo Creek that runs through Hugh Lusk's land.
- OCTOBER 16, 1765. - (12) 220 acres of Hugh Lusk added to tithables. (Note: this is the same 220 acres patented in 1759, listed above)
- AUGUST, 1766 (A). - Christian vs. King (the Middle River Miller).--Capias dated 28th August, 1765, returned, "He will not be taken." Attachment of his property, dated 24th October, 1765. Account runs through years 1757-8-9, 1760-61-62-63-64. 1757, April 4, four lottery tickets; 1758, May 6, by your sister; May 6, by John Gentry; June 23, by wife; 1759, July 4, by your mother; July 25, by wife; 1761, January 31, bum. and sugar charged Mossey Creek John. Contra: By patroling under Col. Preston, by allowed for going to
Sivers's Fort, by making 13 soldiers' shirts, by Hugh Lusk.
- Vol. 2 - MARRIAGES IN AUGUSTA AND ROCKBRIDGE By the Rev. John Brown, Pastor at New Providence, in Rockbridge. List Printed in the Staunton Spectator, 18th December, 1866. - Rockbridge, 1782--January 3d, Hugh Lust (Lusk?) and Elizabeth McMortrey. (Note: probably the marriage record of a younger Hugh Lusk).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 15, Ed. 1. (Release date: November 20, 1997), Tree #1999.
Date of Import: Aug 7, 1998
- ↑ .
Brøderbund WFT Vol. 1, Ed. 1, Tree #3304, Date of Import: Sep 13, 1996
Help fund new features!