Facts and Events
Henry Watterson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 176 - Henry Waterson, 100 acres, Middle River. Adjoining Morris Ofreal. March 15, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 63].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 287.--19th May, 1778. Henry Waterson and Ann ( ), of Botetourt, to Samuel Woods, of Amherst. Delivered: Claudius Bustard, August, 1780.
- Page 289.--19th May, 1777. Privy examination of Ann to above before Joseph, James and John Reaburn.
Records in Virginia
- Botetourt County, VA Marriage Record: Watterson, Joseph, (son (of) Capt. Henry), and Ann McGeorge, dau (of) Thomas McGeorge, Sept. 9, 1807. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 48].
- 5 May 1790, Montgomery County Order Book 4, p. 118 - Ordered that John Lucoss be appointed Overseer of the road In the room of Capt. Shanklin and Henry Watterson In the room of Capt. Rayburn and that they with the usual Hands Keep the same in repair.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).
Help fund new features!