Facts and Events
Henry Watterson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 176 - Henry Waterson, 100 acres, Middle River. Adjoining Morris Ofreal. March 15, 1770. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 63].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 287.--19th May, 1778. Henry Waterson and Ann ( ), of Botetourt, to Samuel Woods, of Amherst. Delivered: Claudius Bustard, August, 1780.
- Page 289.--19th May, 1777. Privy examination of Ann to above before Joseph, James and John Reaburn.
Records in Virginia
- Botetourt County, VA Marriage Record: Watterson, Joseph, (son (of) Capt. Henry), and Ann McGeorge, dau (of) Thomas McGeorge, Sept. 9, 1807. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 48].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).