Facts and Events
Henry Swink was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 16, 1779 - (143) Grand Jury presentments for retailing liquors without license, viz: Col. Sampson Mathews, Daniel Kidd, Wm. Thomas, David Griner, Patrick McDavid, George Smith, Valentine Cloninger, Thomas Colony, Edward Brookbank, Thomas Price, John Alexander, John Anderson, John Blair, William Burk, John Burk, James Hill, Robert Reed, Alex. Kilpatrick, Euphemia Hughes, Anthony Mustae, Jacob Grass, Elizabeth Hartgrove, Arthur Conoly, William Blair, John Hind, William Kyle, Abel Griffith, Enos Jones, Valentine Shirley, Peter Caphart, Andrew Scott, James Langsby, Robert Gregg, Thomas Poage, Jane Wallis, John McClenachan, John Black, Mary Tees, Thomas Smith, David Bell, Henry Swink, John Ramsey and William Foster.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--December 4, Jacob Fix and Barbara Swink, daughter of Lawrence Swink; surety, Henry Swink.
- Page 129.--21st April, 1789. Recorded. Robert Willson's appraisement by William Gilkeson, Robert Donaldson, Henry Swink.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1789--November 17, Isiah Jones and Jane Russell, daughter of John Russell (consent); witnesses, Robert Jones, Henry Swink; surety, Griffith Evans.
- Page 168.--7th November 1797. Robert Donalson's will--To sons, William and Robert; to daughter, Margaret Cox; to wife, Jean; to sons, John and David; daughters Jean and Rebecca. Executors, wife Jean and Maj. Wm. Wilson. Teste: Henry Swink, Wm. Willson, John Shields. Proved, 27th July, 1801, by Swink and Willson. Willson refuses to execute. Jean qualifies.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1799--November 6, Benj. Webb and Henry Swink, surety. Benj. Webb and Nancy Bailey, daughter of Robert Bailey. Witness, Robt. Jones.
- Page 116.--27th November, 1800. Laurence Swink's will--Executors, Henry and Mathias Swink; to wife, Margaret; sons, Henry and Mathias; to 1 daughters, Betsey Russell, Peggy Fix, Barbara Fix. Executors, wife Margaret and sons Henry and Mathias. Teste: Jno. Buchanan, Wm. Willson. Proved, 22d June, 1801. Executors qualify.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .
Help fund new features!