- H. Henry Longest 1731 - 1809
- W. Ann Watsonabt 1735 - bef 1820
Facts and Events
Henry Long was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 22, 1753. - (420) Robert Caldwell, qualified Lieut. of Foot; Archd. Ruddle, qualified Ensign of Foot; Henry Long, qualified Ensign of Foot; Wm. Bethell, qualified Lieut. of Foot; John Denton, qualified Capn. of Foot; Paul Lung, qualified Lieut. of Foot.
- Page 210.--11th September, 1757. Joseph Long's will--To son Samuel, tract at the Welch cabins; to son Henry, tract near place called Billar Spring; to son Joseph, infant, tract where testator lives; to son John, tract at the Big Spring known as Island Ford. (All these tracts now are in one, and these are appointed to divide, viz: Richard Woods, John Hannah, James Beats, James Alexander); to wife Anna; to daughter Agness Cohoun, 5 shillings; to daughter Gennet Long; to daughters Gennet, Elizabeth, Ann, Ruth. Executors, wife Anne and son Henry. Teste: John Long, Wm. Long, Thos. Stewart, James Alexander. Proved, 16th November, 1757, by Wm. and Jno. Long, and James Alexander. Henry Long refuses to execute. Ann qualifies with Richard Woods, Robert Young, Alex. Ritchey.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!