- H. Henry BingamanAbt 1735 - Aft 1807
- W. MaryAnn WylieEst 1740-1760 -
m. 1 May 1786
Facts and Events
Henry Bingaman was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Henry Bingaman
- In the name of God, Amen. I, Henry Bingaman of Garrand County and Commonwealth of Kentucky, being sick and weak in body but sound of mind and memory, do make and ordain this my last will and testament; that is to say, first of all I give and recomend Soul into the hands of God who gave it and mybody to the earth be buried in a Christianlike and decent manner at the descretion of my executors. -------promises it is my will and I do order that in the first place all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid and satisfied.
- Item: I give and bequeath unto Mary Ann Bingaman, my dearly beloved wife, the use of the plantation that I now live on, together with all the household furniture, including all the wool and flax , during her natural life, also one cow and calf, two head of sheep (ewes) and two head of hogs and the use of the apple trees during her natural lifetime.
- Item: I give and bequeath unto my two sons, John and Christian Bingaman the plantation whereon I now live to be equally divided between them: to them and their heirs forever. It is my will that my two sons, John and Christian Bingaman pay to all the rest of my heirs the just and fair sum of ten pounds current money of Kentucky on or before the expiration of eight years beginning at the eldest , paying ten pounds annually, it is my will that all the rest of my property be sold and disposed of at the direction of my executors. I hereby revoke and disenact former wills, bequeaths, or deeds as this and no other to be my last will and testament, nominating and appointing my two sons, John and Christian Bingaman, executors.
- In witness where of I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 21st of November, 1807. signed, sealed, and acknowledged in the presence of Robt. Branch, Henry Bingaman, G. Jacob Nichols, Robert Denig
Records of Henry Bingaman in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1756. - (193) Francis Kerkley, Jacob Shell, Jacob Lingle. Christian Bingaman, John Bingaman, Henry Bingaman, added to tithables. (Note: Henry Bingaman must have been an adult by this date, pushing his estimated birthdate back to abt. 1755).
- Page 197.--22d March, 1769. Settlement recorded of Jacob Harmon's estate, by Peter Harman--Paid Margaret Perkey, Phillip Williams; paid to Henry Bingainan, part of his legacy; paid to Phillip Williams in cash in part of his legacy; paid to Catherine Harman in cash and goods sold at sale; paid to George Man; paid to Henry Null, part of his legacy.
Help fund new features!