- Griffith Hixon, Jr.1839 - 1911
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Sergeant, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 29 July 1862
- Appointed Sergeant (from Corporal) 12 August 1865 (sic)
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Application 646236; Certificate 453561
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 34589 (1911).
- ↑ Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War : Grave Registration.