Facts and Events
George See was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Record of George See's Estate Administration
- Page 375.--27th August, 1751. Frederick Sea's bond as administrator of George Sea, with surety Andrew Lewis.
- AUGUST 28, 1751. - (180) Fredcriek Sea quald. Admr. of George Sea. (Note: Frederick See was George See's son).
Records of George See in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 165.--19th April, 1749. James Coburn's appraisement. Settled with Andrew Knoling, Peter Tustee, Henry Sheplar, Geo. Sea, Fredk. Sea, Thos. Dove. Due from James Kuykendall, Saml. Coburn. Due from Christian Ewigh, Joel Hornback. Due from Jacob Coburn, Wm. Leane, Isaac Coburn. Due from Henry Femster, John Ryon, Aaron Price. Due from Jno. Collins, Jno. Warwell, Richd. Field. Due from Henry Cartwright, Garrett Decker. Due from Danl. Richardson, John Kuykendall. 21 lbs. nails. By Abraham Vanderpoole, James Simpson, Michael Horn.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1749. - (264) William Parks's 2464 acres on So. Br. Potomac to be valued by Geo. Sea, Martin Stroup, John Knight Owells (O'Neils), Henry Kerr, John Skelton, John Patton, Jr., James Rutledge and John Smith.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (421) Benj. Skoot, John Knowles, Joel Hornback, John West, Thomas Crawford, George Baffenbarger, John Christian Carlock, David Craig, John Walker, Jr., George Say, George Say, Jr., Simon Say, John Cunningham, Wm. Cunningham, Henry Landcisco, John Colley, Burket Reager, Henry Carr, Daniel Richardson, Nathaniel Clearey, added to list of tithables.
Help fund new features!