George Fultz, of South Branch, Potomac River
Facts and Events
George Fultz was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 689.--17th August, 1764. Frederick Kister and Hannah ( ) to George Fults, £20, 35 acres at a place called the Little Walnut Bottom on the mountain between the South Fork and the South Branch of Potowmack.
- Page 161 - George Fultz, 67 acres, Branch of the South Mill Creek above little Walnut bottom. December 15, 1769. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 58].
Will of George Fultz
- Page 49.--10th February, 1772. George Fults's (Foltz) will--To wife, Catharine Barbara, all estate until youngest child Susanna comes to age of twelve years; to oldest son, George; to youngest son, John Phillips, infant; to daughters, Hanna, Eave, Susanna. Teste: Adam Loff, Adam Harpole, Nicholas Oswedy. Proved, 16th March, 1773 (written in the "Garman Tong" and translated by Anthony Ayler) by Adam Lock and Adam Harpole. Widow Catherine Barbara qualified with Nicholas Harpole, Adam Lock.
- Page 208.--3d May, 1773. George Fults, of the Walnut Bottom, estate appraised by Robert Davis, Peter Vaneman.
- Page 386.--17th March, 1775. George Fults' estate appraised and settlement recorded 15th August, 1775--Sold to Henry Judy, Martin Judy. Michael Mannin, Nicholas Judy, Jacob Critchs, Thomas Northon, Richard Burns, Mathias Dice, Jacob Simond, Jacob Hinkle, Thomas Hall, Joseph Ham, Jacob Ragen.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 19, 1776. - (101) Nicholas Harpole and Adam Lock, securities for Barbara Oldham, widow and administratrix of George Fultz, but now wife of John Oldham, demand counter security.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS. - 1756--In ye lower end of Augusta County: John Brown, Christian Clemon, Evan Evans, Constable; Rubin Harrison, Constable; Andrew Hislep. John Love, Jacob Lingle, Barnet Mathews, Valentine Mackey. Darby Sullivan, Dan'l Sullivan, Wm. Smith, Jas. Sterns, Anthony Bogart, Thos. Craford, Jno. Davies, Jno. Fowler, Geo. Fulls, Denis Henry, Nicholas Harbolt, Rich'd Neely, Jacob Peeter, John Rechart, Ranl. McDonell, Constable; Andrew Smith, Adam Weese, Jacob and John Yount, James Haris, Wm. Fleming, Jno. Hutchins, Sr.; Jno. Noble, Thos. Meems, Constable; Wm. Burnet, Jno. Barber, Patt Carigan, David Evins, Denis McAniney, Nicholas Nutt, Mark Stalet, deceased; Mich'l Watson, James Hollas, Thos. McClenachan, Jno. Neeley, Jno. Pott, Wm. Acres, Wm. Hughes, Mathias Youkam, Nicholas Clause, David Crochan, Peeter Harmon, Wm. Hopwood, Windle Evert, Mathias Lerth, Mich'l March, Jno. Morrey, Dan'l Ramey, no distress; Patt Sullivan, Jno. Sleter, Fred'k Stoneberry, Robt. Scott, Jno. Blar, David Carlock, Manus Deker, Pat Fitzpatrick, Jno. Fulton, Jno. Havine, Judy Mason, Martin Peeter, James Ramsey, James McGill, John Sheats, Jno. Theobald Magaham, Joseph and Geo. Weese, Chas. Sinclar, James Bogan, Jos. Hall, Jno. Heague, Chas. Wilson, Jas. Barton, not found; Geo. Bartley, Nicholas Carpenter, Thos. Dove, Jr.; Andrew Earnest, Thos Mullen, Mich'l Penny, Jno. Sope, Jas., Walter and Hugh Crockett; Wm., Geo. and Thos. Harbeson; Jas., Jno., Thos., Wm. Montgomery.
Help fund new features!