Frederick Keister, of South Branch, Potomac River
Facts and Events
Frederick Keister was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 8 - Frederick Kester, 67 acres, Branch Potomack. Adjoining his own land. April 14, 1761. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 3].
- Page 481.--29th May, 1761. Same (Mary Wood, of Frederick, and James and Moses Green, of Culpeper) to Frederick Kester, £64, on South Fork of South Branch of Potowmack, 256 acres, part of 1470 acres above. Delivered: A. J. above.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 689.--17th August, 1764. Frederick Kister and Hannah ( ) to George Fults, £20, 35 acres at a place called the Little Walnut Bottom on the mountain between the South Fork and the South Branch of Potowmack.
Records of Frederick Keister in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 330.--14th August, 1759. Roger Dyer's appraisement, by Daniel Harrison, Mathew Patton--To gold coin, £24, 13, 10; cash, £42, 0, 0; Christian Graft's bond; Michael Graft's bond; Herman Shout's and Nicholas Smith's bond; David Nelson's bond; Peter Horse's note; Pat. Frasure's bond, Frederick Keyster's note; William Semples' bond; Johnston Hill's bond; Michael Dicken and Wm. Correy's bond; John Salsberry's bond; Joseph Kyles' note.
- Page 28.--28th June, 1758. Peter Moser's estate settlement, by Michael Mallow, allowed 19th May, 1761--To Cathron Moser, Jno. Hopkins, Danl. Love, James McDole, Jno. Wright, Fardrick Kestor, Jacob Harper, Andrew Arewen, Powl Shaver, Eaform Love, Nickles Hofman, Edward McGary. (2nd vendue held 8th November, 1758?) To Alex. Miller, James McGill, Jno. McCoy. (3d vendue held 3d October, 1760.) Credit by Patterkole money received on Peter Moser's account. From Jno. Madison, from George Caplinger, from Henry Carr, from Captain Cartley (Keartley), Capt. Abraham Smith (patterole money), from Captain Smith, for provender; from Captain Smith, on account of Wm. Wood; from Jno. Hogleer; from Capt. Ephraim Love, for provender and paterrole (patrol) money; from Capt. Smith, patterole money. Paid Jacob Rolman, paid Daniel Smith for clorking, paid Fredk. Opp for schooling, paid Fredk. Easter for salt and store goods, paid Johnson Hill for weaving, paid John Hughes, paid Stephen Conrad, the blacksmith.
- Page 456.--29th May, 1761. Mary Wood, of Frederick, James and Moses Green, of Culpeper, to Joseph Skidmore, Jr., £50.15, on North Fork of South Branch of Potowmack, 203 acres, part of 660 acres patented to Robert Green, 25th June, 1747. Teste. Mathew Patton, Michael Prop (Propps), Frederick Easter (Hister). Delivered: Andrew Johnston, June, 1767.
- Page 465.--29th May, 1761. Same (From Mary Wood, of Frederick, James and Moses Green, of Culpeper) to Henry Penniger, £11.15.2, at same place, 168 acres, part of 370 acres, supra. Teste: Frederick Hister (as above). Delivered to same.
- Page 475.--29th May, 1761. William Green, surviving joint tenant of James Wood, William Green and William Russell (by consent of Mary Wood, devisee of James Wood and William Russell, son and heir-at-law of said William) and Ann, his wife, to Jeremiah Ozburn (Osburn), £41.16, on South Fork of South Branch of Potowmack; cor. tract surveyed for Charles Willson, 220 acres, part of tract patented to James, William and William above, 23d October, 1750. Teste: Frederick Kister (see Easter, Hister, &c., above). Delivered: Andrew Johnston, June, 1767.
- Page 479.--29th May, 1761. Same (From Mary Wood, of Frederick, and James and Moses Green, of Culpeper) to Mathew Patton, £75.4.2, on South Fork of South Branch of Potowmack; cor. in the bank of a lick; cor. to Frederick Kester (see this name as witness ubi supra, Easter, Hister), 327 acres, part of patent to Robert Green, 25th June, 1747. Delivered: Mathew Patton, March Court, 1764.
- Page 7 - George Bush, 65 acres, South Fork of Patomack. Adjoining his own land. , Frederick Keester. December 4, 1761. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 3].
Help fund new features!